Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 14: Line 14:

-Ramses12

-Ramses12

:Hey, I suggest asking someone with a bot, like [[User:Grunny|Grunny]], to do it for you. Alternatively, you can set up your own [[mw:Manual:Pywikipedia|pywikipedia bot]], using the [[mw:Manual:API|API's]] [[mw:API:Upload|upload function]].{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 17:21, April 26, 2012 (UTC)

:Hey, I suggest asking someone with a bot, like [[User:Grunny|Grunny]], to do it for you. Alternatively, you can set up your own [[mw:Manual:Pywikipedia|pywikipedia bot]], using the [[mw:Manual:API|API's]] [[mw:API:Upload|upload function]].{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 17:21, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Thank you very much for your answer. I'll start looking into programming bots, because that seems to have a lot of useful results.

Revision as of 17:25, 26 April 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Uploading a lot of images
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4376 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi!

I know of the existence of the "Add multiple photos" feature, which allows me to add up to 10 files. But would it be possible to upload a much larger amount of files (about 100 for instance) at the same time, by selecting all of them from a folder? That could save a huge amount of work.

By the way, in my case, the cumulative size of the images does not exceed 200kb. I'm talking about a large amount of small icons.

Thank you in advance.

-Ramses12

Hey, I suggest asking someone with a bot, like Grunny, to do it for you. Alternatively, you can set up your own pywikipedia bot, using the API's upload functionTK999 17:21, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you very much for your answer. I'll start looking into programming bots, because that seems to have a lot of useful results.