Fandom

Community Central

Admin Forum:Uploading a lot of images

19,033pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Talk0 Share

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Uploading a lot of images
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

Hi!

I know of the existence of the "Add multiple photos" feature, which allows me to add up to 10 files. But would it be possible to upload a much larger amount of files (about 100 for instance) at the same time, by selecting all of them from a folder? That could save a huge amount of work.

By the way, in my case, the cumulative size of the images does not exceed 200kb. I'm talking about a large amount of small icons.

Thank you in advance.

-Ramses12

Hey, I suggest asking someone with a bot, like Grunny, to do it for you. Alternatively, you can set up your own pywikipedia bot, using the API's upload functionTK999 17:21, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you very much for your answer. I'll start looking into programming bots, because that seems to have a lot of useful results.
You're welcome. It requires some experience with programming languages, like Python. I recommend asking someone experienced with bots to help tutor you. Also, the semi–automated AWB is simple to use but good for repetitive tasks, like typo fixing. TK999 17:28, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for all the tips. I have a bunch of programming experience, so that shouldn't really be such a big problem. I found this wikipedia article that would help me learn the facts. Thanks again for the time.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki