Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
m (Archiving Admin Forums)

(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{ForumArchiveBox}}
{{Admin-Forumheader|Technical Help}}

+
  +
[[Category:Technical Help|Urgent - PLEASE - extreme spammer of awful images - how to disable ANYONE posting or joining or making new pages]]
  +
<div class="forumheader" style="margin-bottom: .25em;">'''Forums:''' [[Admin Central:Forum|Admin Central Index]] '''→''' [[Admin Forum:Technical Help|Technical Help]] '''→''' Urgent - PLEASE - extreme spammer of awful images - how to disable ANYONE posting or joining or making new pages
  +
</div>
  +
<div style="text-align:center; margin-bottom: .5em; font-size:90%; border:1px solid #ccc; border-top: 0px; padding:0 4px;" >Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.<br/> To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use [[Special:Contact]].</div>
  +

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->Hello. As the title says, the wiki i made is being attacked by an extremely vicious spammer. I have left a message on special contact but im struggling to find out how to set the settings so that no one else can join; no one can add a page; no one can affect the wiki in any way, shape or form.

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->Hello. As the title says, the wiki i made is being attacked by an extremely vicious spammer. I have left a message on special contact but im struggling to find out how to set the settings so that no one else can join; no one can add a page; no one can affect the wiki in any way, shape or form.

This situation is dire, folks; please help as soon as possible.

The alternative is to take the wiki down - which is what he's aiming at. he has attacked our NWN2 server and our forums and now the wiki. But I cannot allow these images to be posted.

The alternative is to take the wiki down - which is what he's aiming at. he has attacked our NWN2 server and our forums and now the wiki. But I cannot allow these images to be posted.

Update: in fact im going to have to ask to take the wiki down if this continues. these images are on the front page and Protect, using the edit button, doesnt seem to work on pics. maybe its my noobness. But this is just not endurable. {{Unsigned|DM Dormouse}}

Update: in fact im going to have to ask to take the wiki down if this continues. these images are on the front page and Protect, using the edit button, doesnt seem to work on pics. maybe its my noobness. But this is just not endurable.

:Report the issue [[w:c:vstf:Report:Vandalism|here]].[[User:TK-999|TK-999]] ([[User talk:TK-999|talk]]) 16:08, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

:Report the issue [[w:c:vstf:Report:Vandalism|here]].[[User:TK-999|TK-999]] ([[User talk:TK-999|talk]]) 16:08, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

::Taken care of. {{User:TyA/sig}} 16:33, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

::Taken care of. {{User:TyA/sig}} 16:33, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::Thank you very much indeed. Is there a way to stop anyone new registering or anyone at all making any changes except me / anyone I make admin?
  +
  +
:::again thank you. We're under regular attack and frankly, while the DB server owners are doing the best they can and remaining calm, i personally am not able to handle these images or the malice behind the attacks any more. If the wiki can be just sort of frozen, that will be much appreciated. {{Unsigned|DM Dormouse}}
  +
  +
::::You can ask the staff (through [[Special:Contact]]) to enable the [[Help:Protect site|protect site]] extension for admins. That allows you to protect all pages/uploads for a limited time. If it persists after that, I guess you'll need to find a more permanent solution. - [[User:Tjcool007|Tjcool007]] <sup>''([[User talk:Tjcool007|Talk]])''</sup> 17:50, August 5, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 18:44, 1 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Urgent - PLEASE - extreme spammer of awful images - how to disable ANYONE posting or joining or making new pages
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

Hello. As the title says, the wiki i made is being attacked by an extremely vicious spammer. I have left a message on special contact but im struggling to find out how to set the settings so that no one else can join; no one can add a page; no one can affect the wiki in any way, shape or form.

Update: in fact im going to have to ask to take the wiki down if this continues. these images are on the front page and Protect, using the edit button, doesnt seem to work on pics. maybe its my noobness. But this is just not endurable. —This unsigned comment is by DM Dormouse (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Report the issue here.TK-999 (talk) 16:08, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Taken care of. 22px-Logo.svg.png22?cb=20160405123310 22?cb=20170831223041 16:33, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you very much indeed. Is there a way to stop anyone new registering or anyone at all making any changes except me / anyone I make admin?
again thank you. We're under regular attack and frankly, while the DB server owners are doing the best they can and remaining calm, i personally am not able to handle these images or the malice behind the attacks any more. If the wiki can be just sort of frozen, that will be much appreciated. —This unsigned comment is by DM Dormouse (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.
You can ask the staff (through Special:Contact) to enable the protect site extension for admins. That allows you to protect all pages/uploads for a limited time. If it persists after that, I guess you'll need to find a more permanent solution. - Tjcool007 (Talk) 17:50, August 5, 2012 (UTC)