Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help User rights icons
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4311 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I'm a bureaucraft of the newly christened Fallout Strategy wiki, and in the process of setting everything up I have attempted to set the user rights so they differentiate more, such as splitting the "ADMIN" bar into "ADMIN" and "BUREAUCRAT". I was directed to the code by an admin of another wiki, one Nukapedia and was told where to place the code, et cetera. After doing this however, and clearing the browser cache multiple times, I saw no changes take effect. After comparing the Wikia.js and the userRightsicons.js pages to other wikis I know use different tags, I noticed the pages do not behave in the same way. Whereas on all of the ones I went onto, upon hitting "Edit source", I was met with the "This page provides interface text for the software, and is locked to prevent abuse." message, upon going back to my pages, I found the not only is the page not autolocked, but I do not get the notification telling me the page is for interface text.

Suffice it to say, it has left me stumped. And I feel as if I have made a rather trivial mistake somewhere. For reference, user rights page, and wikia.js page. Many thanks, --DragonBorn96Talk 23:02, June 29, 2012 (UTC)