Slideshow and Slider
I played with slideshow and the slider and I see the text covers some of the picture and on the slider the row of pictures cover up about 20% of the main pictures. can this be fix so its below the picture?
Rocketmanwikia 21:51, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey Rocketmanwikia, I am not sure I understand what you are seeing. But I am going to try and answer what I think is happening: Sometimes when you put too many words/too long of a sentence they get cut off. In order for the slider to have the thumbnails on top of the main page slider, they do have to cover up some of the images. We recently tweaked the sizing on the slider. If you are seeing something other than what I explained, please let me know. --Meighan (help forum | blog) 23:16, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Slide show with text at the bottom. Slider with pictures at the bottom.
The text raps up at the bottom. The slider picture cover about 20% of the main picture.
I was playing with it in http://zeronotsukaima.wikia.com/wiki/Sandbox If you what to see the non copy.
Rocketmanwikia 03:30, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
I've been having similar issues. Except its like the pictures are zoomed in 75%. I don't know what's causing it and I can't fix it. It wasn't doing it before though. And its really irritating. —This unsigned comment is by VetGeek (talk • contribs) 13:25, August 23, 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- You can't just put any images into a slider for it to work right. The images need to be 660px wide x 360px tall. See Forum:Main page slider changes. -- (talk · contr) 23 Aug 2011 9:18 PM Pacific
- They are that size though. And I was using the same pictures before, and it wasn't doing it. So I don't know what happened.—This unsigned comment is by 18.104.22.168 (talk) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- So. If I read this correctly any picture that I what to use in the slider I need to resize down to fit the 660px wide x 360px tall format. When I tryed that, it still over lap. I 275px tall and 250px tall. The 250px was the only one where the bar at the bottom did not cover the picture. I'm going to play with the slider to see if it is the same for it.
- Rocketmanwikia 03:50, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I have no idea where my pics came from, somewhere on my zip drive which downloaded ages ago. I probably got them somewhere on google but I know they're bigger than 660 by 360. If I need to trim them, i have no idea how to do that.
Need to sign your edit. I use photoshop or Jasc Paint shop. Under the image menu. Use the resize command. Paint in MS windows has a resize command.