Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Why hidden?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

On Isle of Tune Wiki, I was trying to make different views from using the MonoBook skin or the Wikia skin. I did the div ids "wikia-skin" and "monobook-skin", and in MediaWiki:Wikia.css, I wrote this code to hide the monobook code:

#monobook-skin {
    display: none;
}

And this code for MediaWiki:Monobook.css to hide the wikia skin code:

#wikia-skin {
    display: none;
}

However, when I tried adding ?&useskin=monobook to the end of the url on the main page, no content on the page showed, why does it do that? -- Sam Wang (talk) 09:52, June 20, 2012 (UTC)

I see this. User:Sactage/s.js 15:16, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
I can see it now. However, I have another problem — for the search text, it says something like <div class=adm-dash"... for the label. Is there anyway to fix that? —This unsigned comment is by Sam Wang (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.
Actually, I looked into that this morning and I've already reported that as a bug to Staff. I am not quite sure what's causing that. Rappy 05:00, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks! —This unsigned comment is by Sam Wang (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.
Actually, this was something you did. The page you edited is MediaWiki:Search. As I understand, that page cannot contain HTML. Rappy 19:11, June 21, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) Ah, I've got it, thanks!