Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wikia URL: http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Amalur_Wiki
Current edit count: 326
How long I have edited there: 11 Days
Last admin to edit and when: Gyumaou, 09:08, March 9, 2014
Other information: Hi. I'm WikiaWizard, as stated above, and I would like to put forward an adoption request for bureaucrat rights at the Amalur Wiki.
I have spoken with Gyumaou at http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Gyumaou who suggested that I make a blog post to discuss any new leadership. I have done so and I am awaiting the responses of the community. I have provided a link to the post (http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:WikiaWizard/Nominations_for_Adminship) so you are able to follow the discussion.
I am an active member who tries to improve articles and update the Wiki. I also encourage new users to join and talk to other users to get to know the community. With the bureaucrat rights I think that it would enhance my abilities to be able to help the Wiki and the community.
Thank you for reading my request.
Hi. Adoption is for wikis with no active admins. Since Gyumaou is still active, the wiki is inelligible. What you need is a active bureucrat, who can promote people themselves. For that to happen, Gyumaou (the sole active admin) has to request it here. Once he's a bureuacrat, he can make you an admin. --Tupka217 19:58, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm the Amalur admin that WikiaWizard spoke to. I am only active there as far as answering comments on my wall goes. I have not actively contributed to the wiki since August 2012. However, if my "activity" is enough to disqualify the wiki for adoption then I would certainly like to request bureaucrat rights so I can promote WikiaWizard myself. Gyumaou (Talk) 11:45, March 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)That's entirely doable, but know that adoption is a versatile process and that if the community consents, any change of rights can occur. Tupka might have made it out to be a bit stricter than it actually is.
- If you can demonstrate that the community would approve of your promotion to bureaucrat, then that can happen. Alternatively, if you simply endorse WikiaWizard's promotion (perhaps at his blog post), then he can be promoted directly to administrator+bureaucrat (and, if need be, can promote further users himself). Thisismyrofl (talk) 12:02, March 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Apologies for the delay. I fully support WikiaWizard's promotion and adoption request and have now stated that in a comment on his blog post. SOrry for not stating that clearly before. If he can be promoted directly to bureaucrat then that's just great in my book. Gyumaou (Talk) 21:11, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the links to the blogs and, to Gyumaou, for stating your clear support for WikiaWizard. That indeed makes it much easier :). While a wikia with an active admin is not formally eligible for adoption, we will help give out the rights if the admin wishes us to do so (and the rest of the community agrees) but does not themself wish to become a bureaucrat. I've given WikiaWizard admin and bureaucrat rights. Good luck with the wikia! -- Wendy (talk) 04:02, March 27, 2014 (UTC)