Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Adoption requests → Amazing Race Wiki
- What is your username? IAmNothing712
- Please link to the wiki here: The Amazing Race Wiki
- How many edits have you made on that wiki? Currently at 168
- How many days/months have you been editing there? Occasionally editing for two weeks now
- On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? user:Ekrubmj was the only active admin, and that says a lot because his last legitimate edit was last Sept. 25.
- Any other information: The pages were inconsistently maintained, having different layouts per page. The content were mostly subjective rather than constructive and objective. As the bureaucrat of the Survivor Wiki, which started on a similar note as the TAR wiki, I would like to share what I did to the Survivor Wiki to another show the I love.
- Really wanting to make a difference to the said wiki, I proposed to their admins a new watermark for their site, but no admin has ever came up to me. I was initially planning on just tying in the TAR Wiki with the Survivor Wiki and the Big Brother Wiki since the three shows have common fans, but little did I know that the TAR Wiki had few admins and inactive at that.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)You need to edit consistently for at least one week. Preferably daily. --Tupka217 16:09, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I know, I know. It's a challenge. I don't have admin rights there so I can only do so much. But thanks anyway; and I hope this adoption remains on this shortlist. —This unsigned comment is by IAmNothing712 (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hello! There appears to be an active community at this wiki. You need to make a blog/forum post/announcement of some sort explaining your intentions to adopt the wiki, so others can give their input, and comment. It's best to make a blog or forum about your adoption than individual messages so there can be consensus in one place. You should let the announcement run for 1 week. If you do make a discussion, leave the link here so Staff can review it. Joey (talk)
- Hey guys, I dunno, but the site seems to be under a state of anarchy. Their admins are inactive. It took them a long while to respond to my messages, and they didn't respond to all of them. If this wiki is to survive, it needs an active admin. IAmNothing712 (talk) 05:29, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
- So far, I am working on Season 1. I've asked the community of what they think about the changes, and they are generally willing to have the site undergo these changes. Some of these changes however are negotiable. I've made subpages under my profile to test the new layouts for episode, team, and season articles, whether or not they will have loopholes since the format of the Amazing Race is really complex, which I find difficult to put in words. IAmNothing712 (talk) 12:57, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. I'm sorry but you are not eligible to adopt the wikia at this time as you are blocked on another wikia. Given the size of the community, I recommend you encourage another contributor there to adopt the wikia instead so you can move forward with your proposed changes. -- Wendy (talk) 04:18, December 13, 2014 (UTC)