What is your username? MovieFan1999
Please link to the wiki here: http://antagonists.wikia.com/wiki/Antagonists_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 40 but increasing.
How many days/months have you been editing there? A day but by the time the request is checked it will likely be a week.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? There is not one listed that I can see.
Any other information: Here is the blog post: http://antagonists.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MovieFan1999/Adopting_the_wiki!?title=User_blog%3AMovieFan1999%2FAdopting_the_wiki%21&cb=6649.
In the blog, I pointed out that the other Antagonists Wiki without an S at the end (antagonist.wikia.com) is bigger, so it would make sense to move the content there, then get the second site forwarded into the first. As of today, the counts are 1114 pages versus 264.
I have noticed for several weeks that the same people are editing the same pages on both wikis, duplicating efforts (and a few edit wars as well), so three days ago, I gave it a nudge by creating a template that would mark when everything in a page had been added to the first wiki.
MovieFan1999, if you want to shift your editing over to the first/larger wiki, that would be the better one to adopt, and then I think you'd be in a position to make the request to have antagonists.wikia.com forward into antagonist.wikia.com (without a second s). I'm not really interested in adopting either one, but would have done so at some time in the future if only to get the content of the two merged together and forwarded. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 08:19, November 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I actually am wanting to adopt this to turn into something different. The antagonist wiki is more of a second villains wiki but I want to turn this one into a wiki for all antagonists. I also have more edits at the s wiki and It would be hard to increase all the edits at the non-s wiki so that I would be eligible to adopt. I think I will continue with the adoption but if I change my mind before the adoption is checked I will let you know. MovieFan1999 (talk) 23:29, November 5, 2014 (UTC)
- That goes back to how Dipen created both wikis. He wanted a duplicate of the Villains Wiki for whatever reason, created two with "antagonist" in the URL, then copied the wordmark from the Villains Wiki. I never did find out why he thought it was necessary, but I seem to remember that he did the same thing with a couple other times: created duplicates of existing wikis, edited for a little while, then abandoned them even before his account was disabled.
- People got a conflicting message: "I'm at a wiki that calls itself antagonist but it says villain in the corner of the screen." Most people went with it being a villains wiki. I think it was random chance that most people went to the first wiki instead of the second, even though it would be more natural to look for a website that says "antagonists" in the URL rather than the singular "antagonist".
- Since you want to adopt the wiki with the URL that makes more sense and get it back on track to match the name of the wiki, I will try to direct people on the first wiki to your wiki for antagonists and to the Villains Wiki or the Super Villains Wiki if they want to focus on just villains. Then later on, we can do the merge in reverse. (Everything from "antagonist" copied to "antagonists" and then have the first redirected into the second.) —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 15:35, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. The blog is great and your contributions look good but they were pretty much all made on two days. You need to edit every day or two for at least a week in order to adopt a wikia. I will put this request on hold. Please ask me on my wall to check again when you have edited more. -- Wendy (talk) 02:04, November 13, 2014 (UTC)