Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? Moviebaby
Please link to the wiki here: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
@Merrystar: As you requested, here is the link to the forum where the other admin of the wiki stated her approval of my promotion: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Request_for_admin_rights. Her username is Mayu Miyuki, but she currently signs her posts under "Shizune Hakamichi".
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 5,210 (at the time of writing this request)
How many days/months have you been editing there? Exactly three years.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Today, and it was Mayu Miyuki.
Any other information: Hello. To whomever may be reading this, I hope you're doing well. Let me first clarify that this is not exactly an adoption request. I am merely requesting sysop admin rights. This will all make more sense when I explain our wiki's situation, and I will try to be brief, as to not take too much of your time! The founder of the wiki barely touched our wiki and left around 2007. Eventually, the wiki had someone officially adopt it and become bureaucrat; however, he left as well, around 2010. Before leaving, he made Mayu Miyuki a sysop admin. Since then, she has solely monitored the wiki. When I began editing the wiki in May 2011, I quickly learned from Mayu and eventually assisted her in monitoring the Recent Changes of the wiki. I have spent countless hours editing the wiki, be it through fixing other users' edits, organizing pages/creating templates, or making contributions of my own (I have made several pages on the wiki). As you can see, I have been editing ever since, and I now have 5,210 edits at the time of my writing this request.
Allow me to get to the point now! Haha. A few months ago, we had a bout of vandalism, in which a user repeatedly deleted article content over and over again. Mayu is only able to be active during a select part of the day, since she does not live in the United States anymore. I stayed up for hours that night, undoing each of this user's edits. I posted for someone to help on some official wiki forum, but the request was not able to be read that particular night. Mayu eventually logged on and banned the user. This issue is just one of the reasons why I am making this request. Our wiki has one admin (a sysop), and she is not able to be on that often. Recently, she posted on her user talk page, stating that she has considered resigning, since she no longer contributes to the wiki. Her last actual contribution was roughly a year ago. She mostly monitors for spam and vandalism, although I am typically able to rectify the issue before she takes action, as I check the wiki several times daily.
Sorry for making this longer than you would probably like to have read, but I just want to make my request clear. I would like to become a sysop admin for the wiki to assist Mayu in monitoring bouts of spam and vandalism, as well as ease her mind with the responsibility she feels she must take to maintain the wiki. Apart from Mayu, I have edited our wiki the most. If you need confirmation of my abilities, you are free to look into my recent edit history, as well as ask Mayu herself. She does not hold the power to make me a sysop admin, or I'm sure she would have done so already. Sorry if this request was made in the wrong place! I couldn't find a more appropriate place. Thank you for reading my request, and I hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day.
- I have several who can vouch for me, if needed. Thank you for the support. =) Note: Forgot to sign above, sorry! I wasn't aware how the whole request thing worked.
- Is there anything else I need to add to better my chances of approval? Like I said, I'm really only looking for sysop admin rights to assist our only admin, who is largely inactive. She cannot provide me with these rights herself because she is not the founder, nor is she a bureaucrat. The founder left in 2007, and the only bureaucrat left in 2010. Just hoping to make my request clear and effective. To whomever reads this request, thank you, and I'm looking forward to your decision!
- Following ChaoticShadow's advice, I've created a support page on my wiki for active users to post their approval of my request. If anyone would like to see, here is the link: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Request_for_admin_rights.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hi there. Instead of creating a support page, I think a blog post may be better. Congrats. This request will most likely get approved. Have fun!
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Haya! Just to note: Adoptions are for when wikis are without admins for 60days or more. That is not the case here as Mayu Miyuki is still very much active and on the strength of that alone the request should fail. When Staff gets to the Request, their response will likely reflect my comments here.
- Staff does not help with admin promotions unless it be at the request of a local admin without bureaucrat who wishes to promote someone, and/or at the behest of the local community reaching a consensus after at least a week's discussion.
I actually just replied to your post back on my wiki. Thank you for your help.
I have Mayu's approval. I'm going to try contacting Merrystar now. Thank you all for the help. I agree with you, Schiffy, and thanks again.
I've been on your wiki a lot, and personally I think you put a whooooooole lot'a work into it, I actually thought you were already a admin until I checked your page. Your 5000+ edits are x10 my max 570 edits on the TF2 wiki :( ANYWAY I hope you get elected for it. Good luck and nice wiki, ~`Pootis Man (talk) 21:07, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you very much. I appreciate the support. Good luck to you, as well.
Thank you so much!