Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Asphalt Wiki

Proposing new admin for the Asphalt Wiki January 7, 2018[]

What is your username? damianea103

Please link to the wiki here: http://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/Asphalt_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 110 edits as of January 7th

How many days/months have you been editing there? Around 4 months

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it

Profoundly Quiet on January 7th.

Any other information: There is currently only 1 active admin on the wiki and i have been updating the wiki with information about the older games and updating some entries to keep them up to date and so they use new formats and infoboxes. Some pages are protected though although they have outdated or wrong information and i wanted to update them. Profundly Quiet directed me here if i want to help.

Proposing new admin for the Asphalt Wiki February 27, 2015[]

What is your username? Samhiuy

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 131 edits as of February 27

How many days/months have you been editing there? About 1 month

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it

BeachSideRAGE on February 27.

Any other information:

I have not created any new pages since there was no need to when I first joined the Wiki. The reason I am going for the adoption option is due to the fact that the other Admins can be quite rash at times. There are pages that are mainly edited by me such as http://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/Dodge_Dart_GT and http://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Star_Requirements. Compared to the other admins, my role would be the "Completionist". They create the pages, templates/layouts, while I do the job of filling in the missing information. As of now, I have all the information regarding the game, but it takes quite some time to fill it in.

Also, due to the previously adopted Admin - BeachSideRAGE, some of the pages are intentionally protected. While I understand it is to stop vandalism (as seen from the post below, showcasing how the previous admins shows contempt towards any user that vandalizes the Wiki), it can be frustrating when they protect pages that are not complete. Pages that have been completed by me are not protected, illustrating the problem of priority.

http://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:9618 - This shows the conversation between me and him. Although I have adopted a very rude tone in response to him, I was very upset by how he acted towards others. Even though I am pretty angry and have made many inappropriate remarks, I did explain the reason for why I edited the Wiki the way I did. I changed the layout without deleting the previous information, allowing for others to edit it. Yet he deemed it as vandalizing the Wiki because I did not input the previous information into the new layout, but just left there instead. It was viewed as 'false info' because I did not complete the editing in one go.

I do not wish to become an admin to spite him nor to go against him. I do understand the consequences and there might a problem of cooperation between admins. However, I really wish to complete the Wiki despite the fact that we follow a different set of policies. Most of my anger in my response was due to a past experience in editing a privately owned Wikia - the Bulbapedia aka Pokemon Wikia. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f195/super-training-pokemon-ball-type-page-project-167935/?code=AQAC9cG_iMULdDmNy5RGMwcT8dVEnIizIyVQ4-Kg_wVTf_FYqUH5WNghAuuvVgS17w0TGHaHHbn0UZQBLIfudd7Sz_TaK_Mo3A09QwBvr500r8lmEGQEjzqhJd3NIAOAZ172oPz0VYiIY9ZYpzzwtU8jQaj2wMfKVdz51EOU3TkPIACWaVRAl2qN3IDDsMFJbqR_kEc5jrkwjRLKdtvqECIxYh_HMG3XKLnctLIUjvD57hsttaplshqQfkc0luJXhC1wshHSYK8tKEf37HgtLxme_FYHBUfdN65CDMGEn6QY7qKrpqA8niSn0SLX9wjIxpFlIvPHTwo7IceamAI6FCOU&state=fff63d5678b51e8ac4f08fa65f08bfe4#_=_

The above link shows a thread where I have once done work for the Wiki. I have done all of it myself, yet I was rejected because the admin did not feel it was required. They told to adopt a much poorer layout instead of creating a new template and then disregarded all the information I have compiled after I quit. When I was still asking for permission, a certain member and admin told me to insert the information myself. As I have not done that, they have not bothered adding in the information. The abuse of administration power can be frustrating at times.

The link also shows that I am more than qualified for editing Wikis. I have experience in information gathering and also is capable of learning new wiki syntax. I learned to make a new template in Bulbapedia in the span of a week or two.

Furthermore, things like this post can be quite frustrating to read: http://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:BeachSideRAGE/Enough_with_the_missing_or_unknown_mph_values_already.

As you can see, the admin really dislikes incomplete information in any way possible. Even though I understand the feeling of having information deleted, it is not reasonable to be angry for unknown values. A wikia is a place where anyone can edit in order to share information. It's like saying "Why are you only giving me bread? You also have milk so why don't you give me that too?!". Deleting pre-existing information can be annoying, but being angry at people that adds new information (without adding other parts) isn't reasonable. I can easily fix that up as I have all the information, but it can be really frustrating to work with an admin like this for others.

I need the power of an Admin to complete the wiki. I have only one goal and that is share all the information I have with others. Although I really dislike how they did things, I was not completely trying to antagonize them. I acknowledge that we hold different perspectives and there isn't complete right or wrong. However, I still require the Administration status to complete the Wiki. Another thing is that I always upload images of stats to prevent vandalism. It is not possible to input false info when I upload the correct ones in the form of an image.

The action I take towards vandalism is to simply undo the edits. If a new layout has been added, but information was not completely transferred, then I would just look back in the history to find the previous information and add it back in the new layout to preserve integrity rather than completely reversing the edit and then warning the user (which is pointless).

I am sorry to such a long post as I am aware that it is not easy to look through all the requests for adoption. I'm not a really sociable person nor might I be an appropriate admin. The problem isn't that severed, but I just look forward to completing the sections regarding the cars in the wiki without being constantly obstructed unreasonably. If I am not an acceptable admin, then that is fine by me as well. I'll just do my best in editing pages where I'm allowed to edit. Thank you for taking the time to go through this request. Samhiuy (talk) 12:32, February 27, 2015 (UTC)

A proposition for three new admins for the Asphalt Wiki by A Wikia contributor (Jan 28th 2015)[]

What is your username? A Wikia contributor

Proposed new admins: Simmia, BeachSideRAGE and Hadam259

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? We have one Admin (SmoshFan101) and he last time edited the Asphalt Wiki over a year ago (Jan 13th, 2014) - yes 2014 (sic!). The Founder (Bloodywaters) can't be seen in that list. Last time our only admin logged in was May 20th, 2014.

Link to the on-hold Adoption Requests by Simmia & Hadam259: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption%3AAsphalt_Wiki_%283%29

Candidate 1: Simmia

• How many edits has Simmia made on that wiki? 2322 (and counting...), has made the most Edits
  • How many days/months has Simmia been editing there? ~ 2 months
  • Is the candidate willing to take on the mandate? As far as I know, yes (source 1, source 2)

Candidate 2: BeachSideRAGE

• How many edits has BeachSideRAGE made on that wiki? 1318
  • How many days/months has BeachSideRAGE been editing there? over 3 months
  • Is the candidate willing to take on the mandate? As far as I know, yes (source 1, source 2)

Candidate 3: Hadam259

• How many edits has Hadam259 made on that wiki? 431
  • How many days/months has Hadam259 been editing there? over 6 months

Candidate 4 (the black horse): Fabien Gameloft

• How many edits has Fabien Gameloft made on that wiki? 241
  • How many days/months has Fabien Gameloft been editing there? ~1 month
  • Is the candidate willing to take on the mandate? I don't know. He hasn't showed any interest in that direction. I also don't know how the community would react, if the admin rights are given to a real representative of the company (Gameloft). Further more, if he's doing the editing on his work time, he might be reluctant to take on any new workload.

Any other information:

There's an alarmingly increasing rate of spam, vandalism and online harassment detected at the Asphalt Wiki (there's at least one active spammer with different IP's). Since the only current local admin is not active anymore in Asphalt Wiki and the creator of the Wiki seems to be uninterested in it, these cases will be reported to the VSTF or directly to the Wikia Staff. If there were new active local admins, these matters could be dealt within the Asphalt Wiki more swiftly and with less work involved.

Some recent discussion about a new admin can be found on this page and a poll, which shows that 20 voters think that there should be a new admin in the Asphalt Wiki can be found from the Asphalt Wiki main page.

I'm in favor of the proposition by Simmia that there should be more than one new admin.

Meeting the Adoption Guidelines

• Is the wikia inactive? There is some editing being done, but before the latest influx (~40 days) it was bit quiet at the Wiki. The only admin of the Wiki has been inactive for 60 days or more (for 380 days to be exact).
  • Are the candidates eligible to adopt? I don't have the faintest idea, but I have a feeling that they are.
  • Are the candidates contributing to the wikia's content? Yes, yes and yes. They all have edited on the wikia for at least a week, they all have created at least one new page and they all are currently editing the wikia. In the last criteria Candidate 4 (Fabien Gameloft) differs from the other candidates - he is active more sporadically than the others, but for instance the outcome of the car page template revision, which he initiated, was impressive, to say the least.
  • Are the candidates building the community? In the second criteria about building the Wiki ("You keep the wikia looking well-tended and up to date") all the candidates perform very well. In the first criteria about communication ("You make an effort to talk to other users"), however, the baby steps have been taken by the candidates 1-3, but the candidate 4 is almost completely silent. There's much to improve in the field of communication, but I believe that the candidates 1-3 will step-up to the occasion and perform at least adequately well in their new roles, if they are promoted to be admins on the Asphalt Wiki.

Links to the announcements:

85.76.32.195 13:34, January 28, 2015 (UTC) A Wikia contributor

What is your username? SmoshFan101

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 98,I have the most Edits

How many days/months have you been editing there? 6 days

We have no Admins,Only a Founder and I cant see our founder in that list.

Any other information:

-We are only 3 in that wiki

-A User (Hafiz100) last edited July 8 2012

-Not That Improved (Background,etc.)

-Few Members

-Inactive (Except Me)

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):
http://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/User:Bloodywaters is the founder. Has not appointed other admins/bcrats and last logged on July 8, 2012. The Kittynator (talk) 02:24, June 9, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Your contributions look good and I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 03:39, June 10, 2013 (UTC)