What is your username? C.Syde65
Please link to the wiki here: Bananas in Pyjamas Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 0
How many days/months have you been editing there? 0
Any other information:
I have no interest in the subject of the wiki I am requesting for adoption. I just wanted to join because my knowledge with the admin tools would be of some help. I know how to delete pages, I know how to block users, I know how to do that, when to do them, and why I'm doing them.
I never thought that I'd be requesting to adopt this wiki, but I wanted to help out and maybe pass on some of my admin knowledge to an admin who doesn't seem to know how to access the tools. And I wanted to become a bureaucrat so that I could promote some other suitable candidates to admin-ship.
I hope that no one has any doubts about my admin experience (e.g. my refusal to join the wiki I'm asking to adopt, until my adoption has been granted). But yeah. I wanted to be able to help to build a stronger community within that wiki, since there's not much of a community there. In order to give you some idea of my knowledge of using the admin/'crat tools, you might want to see my contributions to my test wiki.
1. According to the adoption guidelines, it is required that the adopting user make a blog/forum post/announcement of some sort explaining their intentions to adopt on an active wiki, so other users on the wiki can give their input, and comment. If there is a consensus amongst the users for you to receive the rights, then you'll be eligible to adopt.
2. The other critical requirement for adopting is active editing (making new pages, fixing up articles, adding content, building the wiki) for 1 solid week. It doesn't have to be a lot of edits each time, it is just the *frequency* of the edits that Staff needs to see, to show your investment and commitment to the wiki.
Lastly, and this is my suggestion, the bureaucrat, while not active on the wiki, last *logged on* just the other day. If *I* may make a suggestion, you should message them asking for the rights. You never know, you just might get them sooner. Joey (talk)
- Impossible. They have proven that they are incapable of using them. Their behaviour confirms it. They've been continuously nagged by anons about not knowing how to use them, and still, they are unable to follow the instructions on how to use them. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 03:02, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll probably just give this up, since I have no interest in that wiki anyway. I just thought there should be at least one admin on that wiki who knows what they're doing, since the current admin doesn't have a clue what to do. He seems to lack the knowledge that the tools he's supposed to be using are found by hitting the arrow pointing downwards on the right hand side, right next to the edit button.
- Thus, I have never seen him touch any of the tools beyond "edit" and "publish". And when a page needs to be deleted, he simply tags it for deletion, rather than delete it himself. Since no one but himself can do it, and wikia staff are refusing to take action, claiming that it isn't their job to do administrative tasks.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Sorry, but if an admin has edited in the last 60 days then this request will be denied, if you'd like to tutor the admins on how to use their tools then go ahead, you don't need rights to do this. «Cörey» 04:58, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)It's eligible. November 5th is over 60 days ago. Joey (talk)
- I have tried tutoring the admin in question before, but that has failed, since they are either refusing to listen, or they don't understand what I'm trying to tell them. I might consider re-trying to give them some tips at some point soon. I think some photos of drop-down menus etc might be better than just simply re-communicating through words, since some people seem to understand better with pictures than with words only. -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 07:46, January 23, 2015 (UTC)