Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username?
Brandon Pierce (FB Login)
Please link to the wiki here: http://battle-cats.wikia.com
How many edits have you made on that wiki?
168+ (continuing to add more as time allows)
How many days/months have you been editing there?
10 days (8 more than the admin already)
On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?
February 15th, 2013 (the day after he joined). Machoman23.
Any other information:
It is quite apparent that the person who created the Wikia page had the initial intent to create and maintain the page, but lost interest the day after. There was little to no content, I have already made numerous further edits, have added structuring and content, and will be adding approximately 30+ pages within the following week.
There is no current community, only one or two people who have added small amounts of content and seem to have left shortly after.
In short: It was a startup that was abandoned, and I would very much like to pick it back up.
Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate it.
- Hi. I'm sorry but the wiki is not currently eligible for adoption. It was created in February; for an adoption it needs to be 60 days since an admin edited the wiki, which will be after April 15th in this case. In the meanwhile, you could try messaging the founder. If s/he does not respond go ahead and start a blog about adopting it and then make a new request when the wiki is eligible to be adopted. -- Wendy (talk) 02:39, March 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the response. I had already messaged the founder but have received no response, and he hasn't logged in since the day after creating the Wiki and adding minimal content. I have since entirely built up both the Wiki and the community, which is starting to contribute more and more content as each day passes. I have added numerous pages, custom content and images that I spent the time to create, structured the Wiki, and created a simple system to help the community add further content directly from the home page. I would very much like to administrate the forum that I have effectively created, though I would be ineligible to do so after founding another Wiki, which I will have to do soon for another project, and might not be able to put off any longer. If there's any way you could reconsider your response, that would be very much appreciated/ -- Brandon Pierce (talk) 17:38, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- If you prefer I can put it on hold; one way or the other you need to have a community discussion (a blog works) showing that the other contributors support your adoption. Give me a link to the blog here and let everybody have about a week or so to see it. I will also need a link to a direct message to the founder that you wish to adopt the wiki -- while he has not edited there in 45 days or so, he has logged into wikia and should see a message. Starting another wiki is not a problem as long as you continue to show (by editing) that you have time to work on this one regularly as well. We'll check back on your links in a week or so. -- Wendy (talk) 02:26, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- I've made a blog post on the matter, but the community may still be too small to even notice. When I started making my edits, there were only 3 barely-active users, one of which showed a little support for me on my wall. From then to now, I have effectively created the entirety of the wiki's community, provided a much-needed format for page viewers to easily add content and help contribute, and added over 200 edits and custom content myself, and am in the process of playing the game a bit more to add further content. -- Brandon Pierce (talk) 10:30, April 04, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Thank you for the link to the blog, and the wiki is now eligible to adopt, but you haven't edited there in over two weeks. In order to adopt the wiki you need to be working on it regularly. Please start editing there again and we will check once more. -- Wendy (talk) 02:12, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- That's because I've been playing the game further and creating more custom content to add. I've been at this for about a month now, and was mostly waiting for the adoption before tossing another large chunk of content at the Wiki. I'll start adding more now instead of waiting, but I need the adoption to go through before I can be wholly involved in this Wiki. -- Brandon Pierce (talk) 2:12pm, April 19, 2013 (PDT)