What is your username? BiggestShip65
Please link to the wiki here: http://crazybobs.wikia.com/wiki/CrazyBob's_Cops_and_Robbers_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? >100 (exact amount will increase over coming days)
How many days/months have you been editing there? Almost 1 month exactly (Most of edit count comes from past few days)
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it: John887 September 19, 2014
Any other information: I know my edit count is low, but I originally abandoned the thought of trying to revive the wiki as it was so poorly organized (and quite vandalized) and knew the prospect of getting an admin to give me rights to clean it up would be astronomically low since it's completely abandoned. I decided to just make another brand new wiki, but that was before I learned of the adoption process (silly me). You can see by my attempt to make a new wiki here that I am quite dedicated to trying to resurrect a functioning wiki for the CrazyBobs server. I think it would be a lot easier to port a lot of what I have achieved there over to the existing Wiki than to continue my development of a new one. I would be very grateful if someone could grant me Bureaucrat rights on the old Wiki.
Thanks a bunch,
- Yeah, I forgot to mention that in the past month that I've been registered there I haven't edited much and most of my edit count comes from the past 2 days. Don't want staff to think I am trying to pull one over on them. The Wiki is so dead that my first edits over a month ago were still in the Wiki Recent Activity box yesterday with only an unregistered user contributing to their own groups page. Hopefully they will see my attempt to make the new wiki and also to move a lot of my already developed content to the old wiki. Thanks. - BiggestShip65 3:36, June 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Hello. I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 06:31, June 25, 2016 (UTC)
Im not sure how this whole thing works but I think the old admins, bureaucrats etc should be restored. The people who are part of this community this wikia page is for have been tossing around ideas what to do and how to revive this. I just feel its not right to strip the staff from this wiki that started it and maintained it in the past from this for no reason.
- I agree John. I guess this is just how wikia goes about these things. Maybe it's all automatic. If you'd like to come back to edit I will restore your rights. All previously serving Administrators/Bureaucrats will be honored in a Hall of Fame section on the wiki which I will get around to making soon. We can discuss this more on my message wall. Biggest Ship 16:27, June 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Would it be possible to restore all of them so when they do pick it up they would have the access to do so?
- I don't think so, not automatically at least. This is my first adoption and I didn't realize this is what happens otherwise I would have noted down admins before-hand. I only just now realized I won't be able to make a hall of fame just yet as I have no idea who was an admin and who wasn't apart from you, depleted and Snitt from memory. The change is listed in the User rights log and there is only 9 pages of Users so I will go through manually and restore every one of them later today. depleted has already contacted me on the crazybobs forum. Biggest Ship 01:36, June 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Thinking about it now, I don't think it may be a very good idea to restore everyones rights as some users might be completely inactive and will be listed as sysop when Special:ListAdmins is used in the future. Instead I will still hunt down the former admins and place a banner template I've made (here) at the head of their profiles. If they are active and they wish to return, all they have to do is contact me and I'll restore their rights. Their profile pages will also be placed in the former staff category to differentiate them from active staff. --Biggest Ship 03:06, June 26, 2016 (UTC)
yeah i contacted depleted on irc and told him. The founder or the one who started the whole wikia page was TehTomo then he added Renegade334 as same access as him. He then added depleted as same level. Me and Snitt were just admins. I forget who else was. I dont see why activity level should determine it though. It seems kind of lame to just demote people for inactivity. I get that maybe Wikia wants people to be more active but some wikia pages will inevitably go through a period of inactivity and its not right to demote staff members from it.