Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Darkover Wiki

What is your username? Gibson Praise

Please link to the wiki here: http://darkover.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 

About 60 so far

How many days/months have you been editing there?  2 days.  I know, way too little.  However I fit all the other criteria ... and it can't get any worse than it is now!! (see below)

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?

The one and only admin (that I can tell) is Mela, last login on 11:10, August 30, 2008, and having 0 edits.  (yup, that's right).  The user with by far the most edits is KDelany, last logged in on 22:59, October 5, 2009, last edit a year before that.

Any other information:

This has been a moribund wiki.  It's only been two days but I've already made many, many edits (and more by the time someone probably reads this).  I am trying to reach out to any current posters/readers (blog posts, talk pages, re-working the main page to indicate current involvement).  I have corrected technical errors ( a Category page that was just plain broken after being treated like a plain old page).  I am adding content (though admittedly much of it is more placeholder pages than pages filled with data at present ... building structure first).

I feel this situation is closer to starting a brand new wiki than taking over an old one.  If rejected, that's ok, I'll try again later when I have a better track record.  (truthfully, I'm not sure what syop or bureaucrat privs give; but if I'm making this many changes I figure someone ought to be an active admin)!!

Thanks,

--Gibson Praise (talk) 05:57, March 30, 2013 (UTC)

Hi. Your contributions look great and I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 02:14, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you Wendy!  I'm still investigating exactly what these new rights entail, however one of them appears to be the ability to set up a forum, and that is good!.  Thank you again, for the faith.
Gibson Praise (talk) 19:38, April 4, 2013 (UTC)