Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? mroosa
Please link to the wiki here: http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Island_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 738
How many days/months have you been editing there? Since September 19, 2014
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Jgjake2 last edited 22:46, November 16, 2014
Any other information: I submitted a request on the Request for Rights page over a week ago (including placing the request under Dead_Island_Wiki:Request_for_Rights/mroosa a week prior) without any opposition or comments. I was waiting for the aforementioned 1 week before submitting a request for adoption. It seems while I was waiting, another user has also submitted an adoption request without going through the process listed on the wiki, conveniently after I spoke with another user about the lack of admins. I don't know if this will affect my adoption request, but I am submitting it anyway. If it makes any difference, good or bad, I am also an admin at the counter-strike wiki, and have been for some time.
- I thought we were supposed to submit an adoption request regardless of admin activity, if no action was taken on the request for rights for over a week? -- Mroosa (talk) 19:45, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)The official rule is that no admin should have edited the wiki in over 60 days, or the request cannot be eligible. Joey (talk)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)To clarify your question against the below answer… On the Dead Island Wiki that may be the rule of how to request admin rights locally. However to request an Adoption of the wikia has a whole separate set of rules which are set by Wikia Staff, and that is that Staff will not entertain an adoption request until the local admins are inactive more than 60 days. Love Robin (talk) 00:38, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
Hi mroosa. Although the two Dead Island Wiki adoption requests are ineligible for the aforementioned reason, you and/or ZanyDragon can ask Jgjake2 - the active admin - for permission to adopt the wiki. If they agree then the adoption request(s) will become eligible.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hello! I'd just like to say that the active admin Jgjake2 has responded to his admin request and approved. And on the other hand, Reversinator has not responded to any messages for the past year, so replies from him is quite unreliable. Cheers. NinjaFatGuy (talk) 19:19, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
Just to update, I finally got a response from Jgjake2 in regards to the request for rights and adoption request (My request), and he was all for it, but directed me to Reversinator as the bureaucrat. He last logged in on the 21 of December, but has not actively responded or edited since July 21, 2012 according to the ListUsers.
Is the Last Login a global login for all of wikia, or just the particular wikia? I will update this if I get a response.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Login is for all of Wikia. Joey (talk)
- Alrighty, I will wait for a response from Reversinator (last to log into wikia), but how long should we wait? The only active admin on the wikia does not have bureaucrat access, so he cannot make any updates/changes to the wiki but seemed to be ok with the adoption. I also sent a message to the last-to-edit bureaucrat (back in March 2014), and am awaiting a response. -- Mroosa (talk) 15:25, December 22, 2014 (UTC)