Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Death Stranding Wikia

What is your username? User:Recludam

Please link to the wiki here: Death Stranding Wikia

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 203, and counting.

How many days/months have you been editing there? Nine/ten days and counting; since September 21, 2016.

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? No established sysops exist on the wiki. The founder has been inactive for months.
(Registered contributor, last edited June 14, 2016)

Any other information:

• Is the wikia inactive?
    • No sustained editing by other users. If there are other users please start a blog post or other public discussion of new leadership before making your request and allow users at least a week to respond. —
      There are no other active users on the wiki, as of this request.
      (verify)
  • Are you eligible to adopt?
    • You have not adopted another wikia in the last month —
      I have not.
    • You are not currently blocked on another Wikia project —
      I am not.
  • Contributions: You have created at least one new page —
    Information about the game is sparse; however, I have managed to scrape together several articles[1][2] with what little information given.
  • Are you building the community?
    • You keep the wikia looking well-tended and up to date -- update news sections, add new pictures and videos related to the topic, etc. —
      This would be doable with sysop rights. With access to MediaWiki pages, I can begin editing the CSS of the wiki and making it more aesthetically appealing to viewers. Building the community itself will come in time; as of now, the wiki project is inactive, excluding myself.

Note: Additionally, it would be great if a Wikia staff member would change the wiki sitename to Death Stranding Wiki, without the 'a'. Recludam (talk) 09:05, September 30, 2016 (UTC)

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Hi. I added the founder info for you. Everything looks fine, just edit every 1-2 days until the request is reviewed in about a week or so. Good luck! --RedstoneDemigod 09:12, September 30, 2016 (UTC)

With the slow rate of official responses to adoption requests, especially with the site rebranding and all, I can't promise that I'll be able to edit consistently on the wiki as this request is processed; this is why I initially lost interest. There's only so much that can be done on the wiki, as of now, due to the sparse information about the subject matter (the video game is still in development). I hope my potential inconsistent contributions to the wiki doesn't invalidate the request, as I would love to spruce the wiki up a bit more, stylistically, in preparation of the game's release. Recludam (talk) 22:41, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
Hello,
To change the "wikia" to "wiki", if/when you get sysop rights, you use Special:Contact/wiki-name-change.
Thanks!
kylodisneyelena of avalorcalvin and hobbes 02:06, October 10, 2016 (UTC)

Hello. I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights, and changed the sitename for you. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk 02:44, October 11, 2016 (UTC)