Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Deck Heroes Wiki

What is your username?

Chinsaw

Please link to the wiki here:

http://deck-heroes.wikia.com

How many edits have you made on that wiki?

967 so far.

How many days/months have you been editing there?

Since  November 3, 2015

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?

04:29, December 31, 2015 byTzsjynx

Any other information:

The wiki is currently facing problems with spam seen here and here among other pages, and also unserious contributions which we would like to get rid of. Non of the admins have replied recently, and the serious contributors tries to uphold and maintain a decent level to fight spam.

A couple of days ago I posted a message to the users asking for their support in becoming an admin, and so far it seems that people like that idea.

I know that the admins have not both been inactive for more than 60 days, which is one of the criterias of becoming an admin. I have also tried to reach Tzsjynx on other matters before without success. Also I know that another criteria states that the message about admin credentials should at least be alive for a week so that people have an oportunity to respond and discuss the matter. I just want to make haste in order for the wiki not to collapse and lose its seriousity, and rid the frustration about continous spam and childish posts that does not belong to our community.

Thank you in advance!

/Chinsaw

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Hi! According to the adoption guidelines, because an admin has been active within the last 6 weeks, it is ineligible for adoption. As for the spam and vandalism, you may report it to the VSTF. Happy editing! V1c (@c) 18:36, February 1, 2016 (UTC)

Alright, it's very good you alerted the last editing admin asking for admin rights. Though, messaging every user in a separate thread about if they agree on you becoming an admin isn't needed. You would accomplish more ground if you did it in a blog/forum though I guess Staff would accept the thread on the admins wall. I suggest mentioning your adoption in it though. "Applying for admin credentials" doesn't exactly cover that. If the admin returns, update us with what they say. If he's opposed to it, the community still has a right to overrule his decision if they see fit.
In the mean time, I've deleted that page you guys marked as vandalism. --Icier 18:45, February 1, 2016 (UTC)

Thank you for the input so far. Much appreciated. I went along and changed both the title and made additional notes in the message http://deck-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:10677 so that people find it more clear on what I intend to do. I have not yet published a blog or a post on the forums on the matter, but this could be quickly done of course. I will look into it a bit later. Thank you! /Chinsaw

Edit: I went along and created a blog post found at http://deck-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Chinsaw/Adopting_the_Wiki

That helps, thanks for going ahead and doing that. Remain active from here and Staff will review within a week :) --Icier 00:45, February 7, 2016 (UTC)::

Thank you! Sounds great.

/Chinsaw

Hello. I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Good luck with the wikia! -- Wendy (talk 17:04, February 15, 2016 (UTC)

I'm very happy to hear that. Thank you!