Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Def Jam Fight For NY Wiki

What is your username? Mr. Pyraeus

Please link to the wiki here: http://defjamfightfornystoryline.wikia.com/wiki/Def_Jam_Fight_For_NY_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 5 - 6 in total. - I try to make more, but I can't protect the page without admin adoption.

How many days/months have you been editing there? 2 - 3.

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? None.

Any other information:

Players usually come and just edit what they want. I want to edit every and each list, thus restore every info they took down. And lock the area they wanna edit. I got every info ready, but I need the rights. I assure you I'll do it right. Hope you accept me.

Hello. What are your plans with this wiki if you become an admin? From the sounds of things, you want to protect pages from being edited. The entire concept of wikis is that anyone can edit. Protecting pages should only be done in the case of extreme vandalism. Instead, admins are responsible for blocking users that vandalize rather than locking the page to prevent editing. Rappy 21:51, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
Mr. Pyraeus's response:
I have read what you written here. In that case. I must say that I will protect the pages, due to the fact that I see extreme vandalism. I will block users that vandalize and that would would help me a lot. Yes, I want to watch over the pages and for that I require adminship on this site. That is, if it's possible.
Hi. Your contributions look good, and thanks for answering Rappy's question. I don't really see any vandalism here at the moment, so hopefully you will not need to block many people; the goal is to encourage people to edit and collaborate with you anyhow! Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 03:30, December 28, 2012 (UTC)