Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests El Tigre Wiki

What is your username?

The Forgotten Beast (talk) 21:52, October 13, 2014 (UTC)

Please link to the wiki here:

http://eltigre.wikia.com/wiki/El_Tigre_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki?

How many days/months have you been editing there?

Since 2009

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?

User:Tigrebb on November 13, 2012

Any other information: The Wiki is in poor condition and it only has one active editor who only adds fanmade content and inaccurate information. While I only have 5 edits I assure you that I plan to improve the wiki and make sure it is back in top shape. I know that normally after these adoption requests the staff requests that I make a blog to get the support of the wiki's users, however the wiki currently has no active users other than the one vandal. So I ask that you please trust that I will restore this wiki to proper condition as I have always faithfully taken care of the wikis I have adopted for the last 7 years that I have been editing on this wiki. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow me the permission to adopt this wiki, and if not I at least ask that something be done about the user inserting false and fanmade information into the wiki.

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Hello. To be eligible to adopt this wiki you need to actively edit it for one week (preferably everyday). Just make sure to continue editing while you wait for an answer by Merrystar, which should take from 7 to 10 days, and everything should be fine. Also there appears to be other active contributors currently editing the wiki so you should consider leaving them a message or making a blog to see if they support your request. Good Luck. (The Great Lord David (talk) 16:45, October 14, 2014 (UTC)) 

Just to point out, asking the other active contributors is not something that he should consider, but is required. So, you should at least leave a message for 771844, who appears to be active. Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)
I've already explained above that said user is interested in making "fanon" articles based on her own original ideas rather than facts and if I were to ask her she would obviously refuse my adoption because it would require the deletion of her fanmade material. -The Forgotten Beast (talk) 23:09, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
In the any other information section, you described this user as "vandal". If you are having any problems with vandalism, you can report it to the VSTF. However, if you haven´t done so, it would be good to contact her first and explain that the pages she is creating are not meant for that wiki.(The Great Lord David (talk) 18:39, October 16, 2014 (UTC))
If she is adding false content to the wiki, it is vandalism. As such, follow the links posted above and report her to the VSTF. Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)
Hello. It seems to me that deletion of the fanmade material is not a foregone conclusion; perhaps there could be a fanon area on the wikia for it. It is not necessarily vandalism, particularly on a wikia with no actual content rules.
Regardless, you have only contributed for two days so I will put this request on hold. Keep editing and ask me on my wall to check back again next week. -- Wendy (talk 17:55, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
Understood Merry. I will contact you next week and I guess I'll try and make a compromise with this user to move her articles to a Fanon section. -The Forgotten Beast (talk) 00:49, October 18, 2014 (UTC)