What is your username? Akadria
Please link to the wiki here: http://eldevin.wikia.com/wiki/Eldevin_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 441
How many days/months have you been editing there? Since 17 November.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Why do u try, 1 October
Any other information: I'd like to get the wiki into a better shape ASAP, and having access to the theme designer, MediaWiki pages, and deletion tools would be very useful. —Akadriatalk 11:22, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Haya! Technically by the time Staff gets around to this, IF none of the three Admins edit, 60 days will have passed. However, while *Why do you try* and *Sunspots* last edited on Oct 1, and the founder *Zokvon* Aug 23 (day wiki was founded), their *login* times while not counting toward activity, were respectively, Oct 6, Nov 18, and Nov 28th.
- Personally *I* would message ALL THREE, especially Zokvon, asking for a promotion. You never know. Yes, you already messaged Sun and Why, but a "May I be an Admin or I'll adopt this wiki" should gain their attention more than a "You still active?" poke. Might as well, Staff will be looking for that. So if any return later, they will have no room to complain and Staff will verify everything was done openly and above-board.
- While waiting if they respond, presuming the status quo remains as is, adoptions are handled in the order they are received. A process which takes 7 to 10 days depending on how weekends (and this time of year, holidays) fall. So continue to edit every day or so, make sure to make at least 1 New Main Article Page, meaning not Files, Templates, or Categories. There is not much in the way of an active community but you should start a Forum or Blog about your Adopting, providing at least a week for comments and discussion, which will be about the time staff gets to this.
- Well, at the time of messaging them, I really didn't have anything else to say besides poking them.
- I'm making edits where and when I need to; I made a lot of category edits recently because the whole wiki was/is lacking a basic category tree.
- I didn't even think about the original founder since I thought s/he had disappeared a while ago, but since s/he was online just yesterday I should probably write a message. —Akadriatalk 16:50, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Sorry about that -- I know it is frustrating when I stop right before your request (but I have to stop somewhere!). The wiki is eligible for adoption, and your contributions look good. However, as Love Robin said, there are several other active contributors on the wiki. Please start a blog or forum about adopting the wiki and give everybody a chance to discuss new leadership. Give us a link to the discussion and we will check back. -- Wendy (talk) 05:15, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Now the request is on the On Hold queue, where it is currently 18th in order. Staff will want to allow the discussion forum at least 7 days. If it continues without response, then about Tuesday you can try leaving a reminder message on Merrystar's wall. Meanwhile, continue editing everyday or so. Again, good luck. --Love Robin (talk) 10:05, December 15, 2013 (UTC)