Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Username: Raniero R
Current edit count: 289
How long I have edited there: 30 Days
Last admin to edit and when: Adrik Aleksandrov, December 29, 2008
Link to Blog http://gtafanon.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Raniero_R/Wiki_Adoption%21%21%21 (Fairly Unresponsive)
Link to Forum http://gtafanon.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption
Other information: I am applying for administrator/bureaucrat abilities on the Grand Theft Auto Fanon wiki because currently, the wiki has been unsupervised by an authority figure since 2008, and has no occupant to remove spam, malicious edits and inappropriate image removal. Also, I want to enable the new wikia lab projects to make the wiki more smooth and enjoyable as a community.
In the past, many users have removed content and uploaded illegal content without repercussions someone like I could enforce. Overall, I will undergo complete maintenance and re-organization as well as removal of the 'troll' user who have since attacked pages of the wiki. I would also like to clear the unused caches and abandoned photos/videos. As well as fix all categories and templates.
I would like to end on this note: The wiki is in shambles held together by the few users who have harbored through the excessive spamming and would like a more controlled environment. I am experienced with large scale wikia administrative status (PewDiePie Wiki, Krewella Wiki, Minecraft Fanon wiki ETC.) and would like to 'adopt' this wiki.
Take into consideration.
Yours -Raniero R
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Haya! The wiki is eligible for adoption. Requests are handled in the order they are recieved, a process which normally takes 7 to 10 days depending on how the weekends fall, although this time of year with the holiday season, maybe add a week to that.
- Currently this request is 24th in the queue. I cannot say if Staff will do any pushes to clear some of the queue before the holidays or not. So be patient. Remember they have vacation and holiday time off too. :)
- The wiki has a fairly active community, so you *need* to start a Forum or Blog to announce and discuss your intention to adopt. Staff normally looks for at least 7 days worth of discussion, so best start it right away to get as much time in on it as possible before this reaches the top of the queue. I also recommend you edit a bit more. A few edits everyday or so for the remainder of the time this process will take should do. Doesn't have to be many, just consistent.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Haya again. Saw your summary comment. You are now currently 5th on the queue. Which means, if my feel for this is not off, that when Staff resumes processing the requests, this one will be addressed. However, with Staff out on holidays, can't say when that will be as we're not privy to their schedules. So *be prepared* for it to be maybe as much as another week.
- However, as you've neither started a Forum or Blog to announce and discuss your intention to adopt, nor linked them here, even were this request to be handled *today*, Staff would most likely place you On Hold while you do so, allowing an additional 7 to 10 days for community commentary. Maybe more; it *is* the holiday season and members of your community may also be out therefore needing ample time to see and respond.
Wiki URL: www.gtafanon.wikia.com
Current edit count: 141
How long I have edited there: 46 days
Last admin to edit and when: Adrik Aleksandrov, March 12, 2009
Other information: Another user, Raniero R, has requested sysop and bureaucrat rights on the wiki. I don't believe he is cut out to lead the wiki - he often acts impulsively and selfishly at times. At one point, he even posted a pornographic image on one of my wikis. It seems he tries to cause conflict, as well. Because of this, I am requesting sysop and bureaucrat rights on GTA Fanon to counteract his request.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Considering the relative placements of these 2 requests on the queue, the other being only 5th from the top, you are better served to comment in it, yes you may edit in a comment there, as well as linking to the discussion thread from your wiki.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)The place for these points is the forum(s) or blog(s) on the wiki which addresses the topic of Adoption and new administration. That is where your community will be be able to see, comment, and otherwise add to the discussion if they are going to. Comments *here* should be limited to brief "I support" or "I object" statements which if necessary point to said local discussion threads.
- Keep in mind, Staff is also evaluating how well potential administrators listen to instructions. If a consensus cannot be reached, even if only between the two of you, chances are *neither* of you will gain the Rights. Rest assured that if y'all cannot work things out by the time this request makes it to the top of the queue, it will end up sitting On Hold next to the other one. Or both dismissed outright. --Love Robin (talk) 10:39, December 30, 2013 (UTC)
Raniero and I have, fortunately, agreed that if either of our requests are accepted, we will give the other full rights and we will co-exist as the head of the wiki. There is no longer any tension between us. Raven the Iron Fist (talk) 01:05, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
This is the way it is now, as it has been sorted and refurbished. ~Raniero
Also, I would like to add our community "discussion," although not a single user besides Raniero and I did anything with it. http://gtafanon.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption Raven the Iron Fist (talk) 02:22, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. Robin is correct that we need to see a community discussion, and it needs to be open for at least a week to allow everybody a chance to comment. The poll you have does not actually ask about you adopting the wiki anyhow, but even if it did, we would need to see a discussion an not just a poll. Right now, the only comment on your blog does not support your request, so you will need to address the concerns raised there and come to some agreement with them.
RavenRT and I have, fortunately, agreed that if either of our requests are accepted, we will give the other full rights and we will co-exist as the head of the wiki. There is no longer any tension between us. Raniero R (talk) 01:05, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
I haven given a week for the community to respond but at the conclusive of the Forum, no user has attributed anything. http://gtafanon.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption. I would like a review of my adoption requst and the required Adoption rights to the wiki, thanks.