Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Current edit count: +100
How long I have edited there: 1 week.
Last admin to edit and when: Firestar493 - November 10th, 2013
Other information: I want to have bureaucrat rights in this Wiki that I want to adopt. The wiki is about the Hill Climb Racing app for mobile devices and I like it very much. I'm the only active user, I'm the user with the highest number of edits and I'm ranked number 1 in the achievements ranking list. I want to make the wiki impeccable in few days, I'm very experienced with Wikia, as I am a rollbacker in the giant GTA Wiki, where I have over 10.000 edits.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Haya! As of my writing this, the wiki is not eligible for adoption as one of the basic criteria is for the admins to be inactive for at least 60 days. *However*, unless Firestar returns to activity before January 10th, which marks 60 days, the wiki *will* be eligible. Depending on when this hits the top of the queue, which from feel of things will be close, this may be placed On Hold for a few days. Unless the Staff member decides not to quibble over a couple days. Although you really should give Firestar493 the courtesy of a message about your intentions. You also need to start a Forum or Blog to for the modest-sized community to express their opinions. That needs to run at least 7 days, so hop on it now and it just might fit in time.
- Of a personal observation, a good many of your new pages are simply placeholders without any topical information aside from the titles. I don't know Staff's stance on that, but in *my* wikis they do not count as meaningful contributions and are deleted right away. As you need to still edit some everyday or so while the request is pending, I suggest seeing to those pages. Yes, I can see a few *other* similar pages made by other editors, but right now I recommend addressing *your* contributions as *you* are the Adoptee.
- Alright, I'll keep doing work on the Wiki. Firestar isn't active in other Wikis so I'm not sure he will reply to a message. However, I'll try to recruit many HCR fans over the internet to come editing in the Wiki, and make the Wiki popular and amazing.
- And about the contributions with the placeholders, I'm trying to put the articles with different templates in a certain Manual of Style so it will be easier to me to complete the pages with informations. That's why.
- Hi. Robin is correct that you will need to talk to the other contributors on the wiki about new leadership; please start a blog or forum about adopting. And please leave Firestorm a message with a link to the conversation so they are also aware of your plans to adopt the wiki. In the meanwhile, keep editing there, and we will check back again. -- Wendy (talk) 04:36, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I contacted him. But the problem is, I'm not sure if he will answer it. How many time do you think I should wait until I can come back here and grant the rights directly by a Wikia staff member? Anyway, I'll still work hard to improve the Wiki in the meantime. Thanks. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:37, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Staff likes to allow messaged users at least 7 days to respond, same for Forum/Blog discussions. The latter which I don't see you've started yet. I recommend you get on that. Even if no one responds, at least you'll have done your due diligence in allowing them the opportunity. --Love Robin (talk) 21:56, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm hereby closing and saying that I don't want to grant the rights no more after one week with this request unaswered. I created a new Wiki and I'll certainly spend a lot of time editing there. Maybe I'll do an adoption request for the Hill Climb Racing later on, when I have more time, but firstly, I need to be sure that this request/conversation ended as a renunciation. Thanks. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 22:21, January 24, 2014 (UTC)