What is your username? TheEmbracedOne aka The Embraced
Please link to the wiki here: Hollow Knight Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 3552
How many days/months have you been editing there? Since 28 March, I've been editing every day - this can be viewed on my profile badge, "Dedicated: contribute to the wiki every day 53/60". The wiki was made a month before 28 March.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Wiki was made 26 February, admin Chadwal edited 5th April last. It does not display "Last logged in".
Any other information: Admin named Chadwal ( User:Chadwal) made 101 edits since wiki start and has been a rather inactive member of the community even at the beginning. He made me Admin for my contributions but I dont have the rights to make another user admin. I tried contacting Chadwal, left a message on his Message Wall two weeks ago but received no reply. I'd like to take over his ownership of the wiki so I can promote active contributors and have full access to everything.
- Hi. Thanks for the links, but they don't mention adopting the wiki or promoting other contributors. That said, you also need to let the rest of the community know that you wish to take over as bureaucrat in Chadwal's absence. Go ahead and create a blog or discussion post about becoming the new bureaucrat. By the time it has been up for about a week, Chadwal will have been inactive for a full 60 days and the wiki will be eligible to adopt. Remind me on my wall to check back again at that point and I can help with the rights. -- Wendy (talk) 01:17, May 26, 2017 (UTC)
- I did not mention wanting to adopt the wiki to Chadwal because I wanted to talk to them about this personally instead of leaving a message on his wall about it. The wiki has only one other active contributor called Zigmatism who edits on an everyday basis along with me but the rest of the people who edit (around 2-3 of them) are irregular contributors and we have a few one-shot editors every other week, so the community is quite small, we have almost zero traffic in the blog sections. Leaderboard for reference.
- Here is the blog post I made. I will be in touch soon I suppose. Thank you
- Edit: The other active member of the wiki left a comment on the blog post, vouching for me, if that helps.
- Wiki business, such as promoting additional bureaucrats or admins, is always best handled publicly on the wiki for transparency, and not through private messages. However, as Chadwal has been inactive for a full 60 days at this point there is no requirement that he be contacted. I've given you the rights. Good luck with the wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 16:05, June 6, 2017 (UTC)