Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Tag: sourceedit
(response)
Tag: sourceedit
Line 29: Line 29:

:{{AdoptionResponse}} Keep up the good editing everyday dude.[[User:Crazy Muzzarino|Muzzarino]] 19:07, May 2, 2016 (UTC) 

:{{AdoptionResponse}} Keep up the good editing everyday dude.[[User:Crazy Muzzarino|Muzzarino]] 19:07, May 2, 2016 (UTC) 

::{{AdoptionResponse}} If we are taking a vote, I am going to vote '''NO''' for this request. That does not mean that I will not change my vote in the future. But as of today, user DeeJayK has only been on the site for one month. One month is not enough time to even be considered a regular user, it certainly should not be considered a enough time for someone to be given any sort of special priviledges.
+
:{{AdoptionResponse}} If we are taking a vote, I am going to vote '''NO''' for this request. That does not mean that I will not change my vote in the future. But as of today, user DeeJayK has only been on the site for one month. One month is not enough time to even be considered a regular user, it certainly should not be considered a enough time for someone to be given any sort of special priviledges.
::And the 2000 edits that he says he made: 
+
:And the 2000 edits that he says he made: 

::1. many of the edits are 'multiple edits', where he makes numerous edits to the same page. The 2000 edits could have easily been 200-300 edits. And, again, this has all been within one month. Once he is done with his little project (overhaul), he will no longer be making 2000 edits in a month. 

::1. many of the edits are 'multiple edits', where he makes numerous edits to the same page. The 2000 edits could have easily been 200-300 edits. And, again, this has all been within one month. Once he is done with his little project (overhaul), he will no longer be making 2000 edits in a month. 
::2. most of the edits made are the user's own 'special plan' for what he thinks the site should be. While that is good that he is taking inititive, he shouldn't be given "brownie points" by including those types of edits in his total. For example, if I ran a site listing only the Presidents of the United States, and then someone came in and added the Vice Presidents and the Speakers of the House > they should not be given given an applaud for making all of those extra edits. Those edits would go beyond the scope of the original intent. That doesn't make it wrong, or bad, but it does mean when looking at the total number of edits, that we do not give them the same weight as the important edits. 
+
:2. most of the edits made are the user's own 'special plan' for what he thinks the site should be. While that is good that he is taking inititive, he shouldn't be given "brownie points" by including those types of edits in his total. For example, if I ran a site listing only the Presidents of the United States, and then someone came in and added the Vice Presidents and the Speakers of the House > they should not be given given an applaud for making all of those extra edits. Those edits would go beyond the scope of the original intent. That doesn't make it wrong, or bad, but it does mean when looking at the total number of edits, that we do not give them the same weight as the important edits. 

::My screen name may not have many edits, so I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I have been an "IP User" on the Ibanez wiki for just under 2 years. Undoing vandalism and correcting errors as I have come across them (without specifically reviewing each and every page that was there before I arrived). I don't pretend to know how to do all of the various page/template creations that DeeJayK has made. But this wiki is a list of "solid bodied electric" guitars from one specific manufacturer. We do not need active administrators because there shouldn't be too many changes - with the exception of adding a new model every few years as they occur. If you feel someone needs to be an admin, after two years, it should be me - as I am the "regular user" that has demonstrated longevity. However, my vote is that my we do not need anyone and certainly DeeJayK has not been here long enough to have earned it.
+
:My screen name may not have many edits, so I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I have been an "IP User" on the Ibanez wiki for just under 2 years. Undoing vandalism and correcting errors as I have come across them (without specifically reviewing each and every page that was there before I arrived). I don't pretend to know how to do all of the various page/template creations that DeeJayK has made. But this wiki is a list of "solid bodied electric" guitars from one specific manufacturer. We do not need active administrators because there shouldn't be too many changes - with the exception of adding a new model every few years as they occur. If you feel someone needs to be an admin, after two years, it should be me - as I am the "regular user" that has demonstrated longevity. However, my vote is that my we do not need anyone and certainly DeeJayK has not been here long enough to have earned it.

::Another name, KainTGC, has been assisting DeeJayK in this overhaul. Again, that is great that he wants to help. But he sat dormant for 3 years. He can blame no one but himself for what hasn't happened to the site over the years. He was here, and he (as demonstrated by his recent edits) knows how to do some of the creations that I do not. Again, not a historical record for someone that could be in the running for administrative rights.  
+
:Another name, KainTGC, has been assisting DeeJayK in this overhaul. Again, that is great that he wants to help. But he sat dormant for 3 years. He can blame no one but himself for what hasn't happened to the site over the years. He was here, and he (as demonstrated by his recent edits) knows how to do some of the creations that I do not. Again, not a historical record for someone that could be in the running for administrative rights.  

::Thank you for listening--[[User:Noneof yourbusiness48|Noneof yourbusiness48]] ([[User talk:Noneof yourbusiness48|talk]]) 21:44, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
+
:Thank you for listening--[[User:Noneof yourbusiness48|Noneof yourbusiness48]] ([[User talk:Noneof yourbusiness48|talk]]) 21:44, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
  +
  +
::{{AdoptionResponse}}Yes, [[User:Noneof yourbusiness48|Noneof yourbusiness48]], I think it should go without saying that if someone makes over 2000 edits in less than a month, some of those edits may not be that consequential. In fact, a large majority of my edits consist of little or nothing more than adding a category. I'm not hanging my hat simply on an edit count. That said, I have created nearly 50 new pages and I don't think it's hyperbole to state that (in concert with [http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/User:KainTGC KainTGC]) I've changed the overall look and feel of the wiki more in the past month than anyone in at least the past five years.
  +
  +
::Also, this is not any sort of power grab on my part, merely a plea to have ''some'' active user who can (and will) perform administrative and bureaucratic tasks — ideally, we'd have a ''group'' of such admins. I simply I don't understand your argument that the wiki needs no admin. If someone else with more "tenure" on the wiki wants to take on that role, then by all means throw your hat in the ring. &nbsp;\m/&nbsp;'''[[User:Deejayk|DeeJayK]]'''<sup>''[[User talk:Deejayk|Talk!]]</sup>'' 02:38, May 3, 2016 (UTC)

[[Category:Adoption requests|{{PAGENAME}}]]

[[Category:Adoption requests|{{PAGENAME}}]]

Revision as of 02:38, 3 May 2016

Adoption requests Ibanez Wiki

What is your username? Deejayk

Please link to the wiki here: http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Ibanez_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? Over 2,000

How many days/months have you been editing there? Since April 5, 2016

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Brambram on April 7, 2011

Any other information: This site's founder and sole admin/bureaucrat, Bram Boerboom, appears to have abandoned the project over five years ago. I've started editing the wiki in the past month and have made a decent number of changes including adding nearly 50 new pages, and generating over 2,000 edits. I've completed quite a bit of general wiki maintenance and cleanup (adding and organizing categories, fixing double-redirects, etc.) in that time. I've also added significant new functionality to several widely-used templates and have made changes to the site's front page.

I've endeavored to build community on the wiki through the use of the forum and blog posts which state my intentions for the wiki and solicit feedback. Through these efforts I have connected with one other active user with whom I've had extensive discussions about efforts to improve the wiki.

I've made every effort to contact the founder and sole admin, including (but not limited to) a post on his talk page over a week past, wherein I indicated that I was planning to attempt to adopt the wiki unless I heard from him. Unfortunately, my efforts to reach out have not been fruitful. I've created a forum post on the Ibanez wiki as notification to the wiki community that I have submitted this adoption request.

Since no active admin or bureaucrat is present, I would like to request both admin and bureaucrat rights.

\m/ DeeJayKTalk! 18:15, May 2, 2016 (UTC)

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):
Keep up the good editing everyday dude.Muzzarino 19:07, May 2, 2016 (UTC) 
If we are taking a vote, I am going to vote NO for this request. That does not mean that I will not change my vote in the future. But as of today, user DeeJayK has only been on the site for one month. One month is not enough time to even be considered a regular user, it certainly should not be considered a enough time for someone to be given any sort of special priviledges.
And the 2000 edits that he says he made: 
1. many of the edits are 'multiple edits', where he makes numerous edits to the same page. The 2000 edits could have easily been 200-300 edits. And, again, this has all been within one month. Once he is done with his little project (overhaul), he will no longer be making 2000 edits in a month. 
2. most of the edits made are the user's own 'special plan' for what he thinks the site should be. While that is good that he is taking inititive, he shouldn't be given "brownie points" by including those types of edits in his total. For example, if I ran a site listing only the Presidents of the United States, and then someone came in and added the Vice Presidents and the Speakers of the House > they should not be given given an applaud for making all of those extra edits. Those edits would go beyond the scope of the original intent. That doesn't make it wrong, or bad, but it does mean when looking at the total number of edits, that we do not give them the same weight as the important edits. 
My screen name may not have many edits, so I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I have been an "IP User" on the Ibanez wiki for just under 2 years. Undoing vandalism and correcting errors as I have come across them (without specifically reviewing each and every page that was there before I arrived). I don't pretend to know how to do all of the various page/template creations that DeeJayK has made. But this wiki is a list of "solid bodied electric" guitars from one specific manufacturer. We do not need active administrators because there shouldn't be too many changes - with the exception of adding a new model every few years as they occur. If you feel someone needs to be an admin, after two years, it should be me - as I am the "regular user" that has demonstrated longevity. However, my vote is that my we do not need anyone and certainly DeeJayK has not been here long enough to have earned it.
Another name, KainTGC, has been assisting DeeJayK in this overhaul. Again, that is great that he wants to help. But he sat dormant for 3 years. He can blame no one but himself for what hasn't happened to the site over the years. He was here, and he (as demonstrated by his recent edits) knows how to do some of the creations that I do not. Again, not a historical record for someone that could be in the running for administrative rights.  
Thank you for listening--Noneof yourbusiness48 (talk) 21:44, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
Yes, Noneof yourbusiness48, I think it should go without saying that if someone makes over 2000 edits in less than a month, some of those edits may not be that consequential. In fact, a large majority of my edits consist of little or nothing more than adding a category. I'm not hanging my hat simply on an edit count. That said, I have created nearly 50 new pages and I don't think it's hyperbole to state that (in concert with KainTGC) I've changed the overall look and feel of the wiki more in the past month than anyone in at least the past five years.
Also, this is not any sort of power grab on my part, merely a plea to have some active user who can (and will) perform administrative and bureaucratic tasks — ideally, we'd have a group of such admins. I simply I don't understand your argument that the wiki needs no admin. If someone else with more "tenure" on the wiki wants to take on that role, then by all means throw your hat in the ring.  \m/ DeeJayKTalk! 02:38, May 3, 2016 (UTC)