What is your username? Gunman6
Please link to the wiki here: http://indianajones.wikia.com/
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 419
How many days/months have you been editing there? Been there since June 25, 2013
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/User:Vetinari was the one who edited there just today.
Any other information: I wish to take over this wikia since this admin keeps being vague, unhelpful, removing relevant material for unknown reasons and abusing his power as an admin. This guy never listens to me so asking for me to take over the wikia is POINTLESS.
- Yes, you are ineligible to adopt. However, if the admin is truly abusing his power, along with other things, then I suggest attempting demotion by starting a thread on the wiki. Although, said thread will not work if you are the only user who feels this way. Hope this helped. Tysonjackson (talk) 22:02, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)There are rules. Adoption is for taking care of abandoned wikis, not for hostile takeovers. The simple fact that the rules don't facilitate what you want is not a reason to change them. --Tupka217 22:55, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)If you want to oust the current admin, that's a hostile takeover. It's not a friendly takeover. Hostile doesn't refer to you, or the admin, it refers to the takeover part.
- If you disagree with the admin, you can start a discussion on the wiki to gauge other users' opinions. If he doesn't want to talk to you... you have no other options. --Tupka217 11:27, February 7, 2015 (UTC)
- It's not hostile if the admin is abusing their power and not listening to any feedback or discussions whatsoever (I've brought it up anyway for the record and even suggested another person have admin rights to which he was denied).
Again, it's not the only way if I'm one of three people commonly on there and since not everyone agreed to the regular wikia rules besides a few bureaucrats (not an unfair labeling). If the wikia is incompetent, it is fair game to bring it up here. Look at the Fast and Furious wikia for example, that has this one guy who has been causing trouble on other wikias and who commonly swears/insults people's IQ and yet was made admin of that group.--Gunman6 (talk) 20:17, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
A wiki admin acting like a dumbass is not what adoption is for. It is pretty simple: you adopt abandoned wikis. You can't adopt a wiki that has an active admin - otherwise the entire system would simply be pointless.
If there is no other way to get rid of the admin, try asking support directly about the abusive admin.
- Hello. I'm sorry, but adoption is for wikias without admins as Tupka said. Even if it were not, we do not give out admin rights to a user who is in the middle of a dispute with anybody else on the wikia in question. New admins must have community support.
- If you feel there is no community to support your wish to demote this user, and you cannot work with the rules he has set or find a compromise, then I recommend you either start your own wikia for Indiana Jones or find a different community to join where you do see eye to eye with the admin. -- Wendy (talk) 00:38, February 18, 2015 (UTC)