Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Killer Instinct Wiki (2)

What is your username? Arshudar Al-Muhdarin

Please link to the wiki here: http://killerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 1,197

How many days/months have you been editing there? A little under 3 years.

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? September 1, 2016 by DRAGONUNKNOWN1999

Any other information: Our situation on the KI wiki is a little unusual. We originally had three active admins: Golden Specter, Johns Throne, and DRAGONUNKNOWN1999. Of the three, only DRAGONUNKNOWN1999 remains active. The problem is that this admin is making at best one or two trivial edits every two months or so, has locked down several important character pages on the Wiki so that not even registered long-time users can edit them, and for whatever reason he is entirely unresponsive to repeated requests by the community to unlock them. As a result, the information on those important character pages is becoming wholly outdated. What we request is not necessarily the removal of DRAGONUNKNOWN1999's admin status, but the appointing of one or two new admins so that these character pages can finally be unlocked and their contents updated.

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):
Hey, per adoption guidelines, you can't adopt a wiki whose admin edited in less than a month or two. You also might want to contact Staff to unprotect the main character pages if the community voted supportive on a vote about it. Cheers! -- Cube-shaped garbage can 10:35, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
It doesn't have to be adoption: just appointing a 2nd admin or something so that 1/3rd of the Wiki's main character pages can finally be unlocked after almost two years of being on ice. I followed your advice and contacted Wikia Staff with a request to unlock all these pages through a community vote. The thing is, given DRAGONUNKNOWN1999's past behavior, I can actually see him walking in after they are unlocked, lock them back up again and then dissappear for another two months while ignoring any messages. He really is that strange an admin, and you can verify it by reading the KI Wiki's logs or his message wall. Something has to change. I don't care how it happens, as long as it happens. Arshudar Al-Muhdarin (talk) 11:54, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
If they re-lock the main character pages, that might be a Terms of Use violation, because they are locking down the wiki for no apparent reason, when the wiki should be freely editable by anybody. Good luck! -- Cube-shaped garbage can 12:02, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
As previously mentioned, literally 1/3rd of the character pages of the KI Wiki have been locked down by DRAGONUNKNOWN1999. It's been that way for nearly two yearsHe provides no rationale and is unresponsive to any requests to unlock these pages. It's effectively crippled the KI Wiki and many users have left over it. There's basically just three people now who still edit the Wiki on a regular basis, of which I am one. We're still waiting for any support from Wikia Central. Arshudar Al-Muhdarin (talk) 12:15, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
Still not a single fucking response. What a fucking joke. So basically, when one admin renders nearly half of a Wiki site defunct there is absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, that Wikia central cares about it or does about it. So yeah, fuck this shit. I'm out as well. The Killer Instinct Wikia can just fucking die for all I care. Can't believe I was fucking stupid enough to spend any time on this fucking shit. Go fuck yourselves, cunts. Arshudar Al-Muhdarin (talk) 09:06, September 25, 2016 (UTC)

I unprotected the pages at the request of another user who messaged me, but that last post is completely inappropriate and makes you ineligible to adopt the wiki. -- Wendy (talk 01:52, September 30, 2016 (UTC)