What is your username? Amanda Young
Please link to the wiki here: King Kong Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 22
How many days/months have you been editing there? since October 1
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?
- Kongisking (founder) : October 22, 2008
- Marwan Nabih : March 10, 2011
- Marram : August 17, 2012
- Maroman : June 24, 2013
- WorldWideWikia : June 25, 2013
Any other information:
Hi I'm Amanda Young (talk) 14:39, September 30, 2014 (UTC)AmandaYoung, and i'd like to request the administrator rights to the King Kong Wiki dedicated to the franchise so as to add in a complimentary theme, fix-up and tweak the templates already currently existing on the wikia, add in and edit articles as well as maintain the wiki and promote it here on Wikia Community Central.
As of yet I have ceased making any edits on the wiki (see above) as I have been going through it and working where to begin before seeking out where I could possibly obtain the adminstrator rights, the current admin Mr. Wikia has been inactive on the Wikia for quite a while and some unregistered users have taken to some vandalising of the wiki and some poor editing with badly displayed hyperlinks, If given the rights I vow to be a regular editor and will work on constructing and promoting a prominent wiki for a more than prominent but iconic franchise still continuing strong, with a new 2016 instalment coming featuring Tom Hiddleston.
The current admin Mr. Wikia apparently is not an active wikia contributor anymore has his account has been apparently disabled and his last contribution to the wikia oversaw the blocking of User:McJeff who may have been a possible vandal and with me at the helm I will keep the Wiki under prestine condition.
I'm an acting admin of the Fanon Wiki and several other wiki encyclopedias.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hello! First, you might want to properly fill out the adoption request, so that it's easier for Staff to understand. Also, there appears to be an active community at this wiki. You need to make a blog/forum post/announcement of some sort explaining your intentions to adopt the wiki, so others can give their input, and comment. It's best to make a blog or forum about your adoption than individual messages so there can be consensus in one place. You should let the announcement run for 1 week. If you do make a discussion, leave the link here so Staff can review it. In addition, you must be actively editing making new pages, fixing up articles, adding content, building the wiki) for 1 solid week in order to be eligible to adopt the wiki. If you keep editing while you wait for this request to be processed, (which can take from 7-10 days), you'll be all set. Good luck! Joey (talk)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hi. You must be actively editing (making new pages, fixing up articles, adding content, building the wiki) for 1 solid week in order to be eligible to adopt the wiki. I just checked the wiki, and you have not been actively contributing to this wiki (since October 1), and this request will not succeed unless you do. Try to make at least an edit every day or two while you wait for this request to be processed. Good luck! :) Joey (talk)
- Hello. While it's great that you are taking the time to consider how best to help the wikia, Joseph is correct. In order to adopt it you need to be editing there regularly, every day or two, for at least a week. You will also need to create a blog or forum about adopting and give the community there a week to discuss your promotion. I will put this request on hold. Please let me know on my wall when you have made more edits and a blog post and I will check again. -- Wendy (talk) 01:50, October 8, 2014 (UTC)