What is your username? LaVey
Please link to the wiki here: http://lazyton.wikia.com/wiki/Lazy_Town_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 120
How many days/months have you been editing there? 10 days
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?
Any other information:
Hello, my name is LaVey.
There are currently two English LazyTown wikis out there, one with the proper domain name 'lazytown' and another with the domain 'lazyton'. Since the latter seems to have many more pages and be better attended overall, I decided to make all my edits there. Unfortunately, the site is suffering from heavy vandalism frequently and it desperately needs staff to take care of it.
Now, I wasn't planning to adopt it in the first place, since tending the other three wikis is work enough, but no one seems to be interested in getting a staff position there. I asked a user who has been editing in good faith but I haven't got an answer so far.
The 'lazytown' wiki also seems to have no current bureaucrats or administrators, which brings me to the main reason I'm writing this:
- Wouldn't it be better to adopt the 'lazytown' wiki and import all good pages from the 'lazyton' wiki to it instead?
- Or, since both are basically the same wiki, just change the domain name of 'lazyton' to 'lazytown', deleting the current contents of the latter?
Thank you for reading, I'll be waiting for your answer. Have a nice day.
Have you contacted or made a blog yet telling you will be doing this?
- Good idea. I'll work on it right now. Thanks.
- LaVey, 00:57, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Done (see here). Although since the wiki is pretty much abandoned, I don't know if I'm even gonna get a response.
- LaVey, 01:03, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Comment: The sole admin is the founder, Sportacus 113. It didn't show up in the sysop list because they only made 4 edits on the day the wiki was founded, May 22, 2009. Then they left and it appears they never came back. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 04:50, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
I was recently informed of the existence of yet another English LazyTown Wiki, this one being properly administered and well-kept (Google never returned results from it). In fact, some of the contributions I made in the wiki I was attempting to adopt, have already been imported to this new one. As such, I really see no point in trying to adopt that wiki anymore, so I am canceling any intentions of administering it.
This request can now be deleted. Thanks everyone for your time.
LaVey, 04:10, December 30, 2016 (UTC)