What is your username?
Please link to the wiki here:
How many edits have you made on that wiki? Just a couple. I've added a new page, put a table in it, and started the page to see if anyone would respond or pitch in.
How many days/months have you been editing there?
I've been following that page for over a month looking for any signs of development or user interaction. After seeing none in quite some time I made a few posts and started some talk, but haven't gotten any responses. The only activity on that site other than mine is so old it doesn't show a date any more.
I have been active on another wiki, the Pocket Frogs Wiki, for a few months now and while not the most active editor in the place, I've made several contributions to the community and am well known by the regulars there.
On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?
November 2, 2012 (four months ago). The user was Zerimar1986.
Any other information:
This game needs a wiki very badly, and I think that if anyone was at least willing to check in on it and perhaps bring others to help build it, it could be a big hit. There is no wiki-typed source for this game out there and it's a pretty complicated game.
- Hi. I'm glad you are willing to take on the wiki, but it looks like you have only edited on two separate days (albeit a week apart); in order to adopt the wiki you would need to be editing there more regularly to show sustained interest. Please keep working on the wiki over the next week and we will check back. -- Wendy (talk) 04:14, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Fair enough, Wendy. I hadn't been editing much because if it's going to be a an abandoned wiki I didn't want to waste my effort. Not knowing what the outcome would be, there's no reason for me to build a roof for a house that's about to collapse. It's also sort of difficult to make holistic organizational changes (such as installing a chat and giving organization to the front page and menu bars - which is important) without the proper permissions.
- I'll continue to add a few more pages and outlines, but I think we both realize that not many folks are going to throw a whole lot of effort into a site that may well remain in a state of neglect and disrepair even if they work hard at it.
- I'll do what I can though and we'll see what the outcome is. Look at it this way, I can't possibly be any worse than the person who currently runs that page.
- Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I'll continue to give some time to building content for the site over the next few days and then check back Monday.
- I turned on chat for you, and it looks like the main page is open to editing. The menu bars will have to wait though. If you continue to work on the wiki I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be approved for adoption; whether you can revive the wiki is harder to say :) . Hope that helps! -- Wendy (talk) 04:59, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
Apologies for updating this prematurely, but I'd like to discuss this a bit.
When I found this wiki there was only one page created in almost 5 months of its existence. In the last 48 hours I've added 12 pages, a robust amount of info, and had one of the site assessors come and post on my wall that I should be the admin. I've also initiated this process to adopt the page.
All of a sudden the original founder,Zerimar1986, has returned to the page and began working on it. I've added a ton of pictures, content, organization, links and pages in just the last two days, and I suspect he noticed the activity.
Since I've done a lot of work already, I wanted to let you know what was going on. This page has not been touched by its founder in over 4 months until just now; now that I'm putting a lot of work into it.
I'm concerned that this will result in denial of my adoption request and that the wiki will return to a state of neglect and disrepair even though I've already put in quite a lot of work on it.
- I wasn't sure if I was supposed to check back in with you all or what. I'm doing so just in case I missed something. Alatramp (talk) 15:25, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- This is not a completed request.
- Yes, it's true that I got admin rights, but I applied to adopt the board because it was abandoned. The only reason it's active now is because I came back and started working on it. It was abandoned for nearly five months and only when I began working on it did it start to get some attention. The only reason I started working on it rather than waiting for the adoption request to be granted was because that's what I was told I needed to do in order to adopt it.
- Wendy, I'm not trying to be problematic, but I applied to adopt the page, not just become an admin.
- If I had known that in the course of applying to adopt it, I'd be told I needed to help build it more - then build it more and have the owner return, grant me admin rights, and subsequently have my adoption request denied I wouldn't have applied in the first place. I'd have simply started a different wiki on a different site.
- Again, I'm not trying to be problematic. That page was absolutely untouched for five months. I'm now an admin and that's helpful, but I applied to adopt the page and was told I could. I've worked very hard on it and built several pages as well as put a lot of thoughtful content into it in that interest. I didn't apply to be an admin. I applied to adopt the page.
- I did so because no one else was caring for it.
- I met the standards that you requested of me in order to fulfill my adoption request - meaning take ownership of that page. Wendy. I'd like to adopt that page, please.
- I apologize for the redundancy above, but I'm quite frustrated. It seems as though by following your instructions, despite doing everything correctly - and more than I needed to - I am subsequently getting my request denied.
- That doesn't seem right to me. Does that seem right to you, Wendy?