Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Lightbringer Series Wiki

What is your username? Ursuul

Please link to the wiki here: http://lightbringer-series.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lightbringer_Series_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that Wiki? 50+

How many days/months have you been editing there? Approximately One Week

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? The last edit was on August 26, 2013, and it was made by Vlad0tepes.

Any other information: Master Message Wall Conversation (with links to other message wall convos, since Blogs & Forum Posts aren’t even enabled on this Wiki).

I personally know a considerable amount of CSS, HTML, & JavaScript to run Wikis. I’m an Admin on four Wikis, & have implemented custom JavaScripts on two of them. I can run Wikis technologically & run them well. For this reason I am requesting Bureaucrat rights.

The Wiki in question is about a series by Brent Weeks called the Lightbringer series. Three of four expected novels in said series have been released, & the newest is set to be released quite soon, around mid-October. Vlad0tepes, the founder, & only admin there at all, most certainly has abandoned this Wiki. Nor has he invested heavily in it’s customization, so the entire Wiki is aesthetically default & derelict. It has nothing unique that might attract the last wave of contributors needed to expand the Wiki from a forgotten hovel into a reasonably active Community. It needs leadership, & the profile I linked contains the sum total of my Wikia experience, & I believe it shows that I am capable of handling such leadership, both technologically & by my moderate level of activity.

There is also a second Wiki, in a similar state of neglect, called “The Lightbringer Series Wiki,” instead of simply “Lightbringer Series Wiki,” which could also do for some love as well. I intend, if I am able, to merge both Wikis while they are small & the procedure is still relatively easy. I have left messages with the most active (or most recently active) members of each community asking after their thoughts, but have received nothing thus far, & indeed the founder of the second Wiki is also inactive. If both wikis can be unified & then brought under proper leadership then it is my firm belief that the next wave of fans from this final novel release will turn the newly conjoined Wiki into something to be proud of, but if they remain separate & lacking leadership then it can only create confusion & deterrences to newcomers, & place nails in the metaphorical coffins of both of them.

Please help, & consider my Adoption request. I have contacts in other book series Wikis (namely the Dresden Files Wiki) & I am a member of a book club that will be reading the first book in the Lightbringer Series (it is called the Black Prism). With these groups & the new influx of contributors from the last book release I think I can save these Wikis.