Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? The_GreatPerhaps
Please link to the Wiki here: mtg.wikia.com
How many edits have you made to this Wiki? 1,138
How many Days/Months have you been editing there? Since January 8, 2016
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Dv54321 at 19:08 on April 23rd, 2016, However, he is largely inactive and has made small edits throughout the time I've been a member of the wiki.
Any Other Information DV54321 has caused many problems in the community, amogst its contributors and to the Wiki. Please see:
- His Message wall with requests we've given him to contribute: Dv54321's message wall
- His Profile which threatens to ban contributors: Dv54321's profile
- His Bot's contributions, most of which were useless and had to be rolled back manually due to a lack of able sysops to rollback with one click: contributions "Avenger of Magic"
- Him yelling at an active contributor in all caps, (with no formal apology:) Thread 23089
- Neglecting to make edits and contributions specifically for a Sysop: Thread 22692
He is the only "active" sysop in the Wiki and because he accesses the Wiki sporadically and sparsely, it would be a long time before three months passed with no contributions from him and we were able to make this request per the norm.
A list of users with known Admin status in the Wiki:
- Minomelo (Who has made an average of 3 edits a year, and is a Bureaucrat. This user hasn't been active since January to respond to one message, and before that, hadn't been on for a year. We've tried more than one time to contact this user about attaining Admin status.)
- Hexslinger (Whose last edit was in 2012)
- SiegeAdvisor (Who stopped editing in 2013. He then came back to make one edit every month and a half starting in 2015, and stopped cold again in January this year)
- Dv54321 (Whose problems I've elaborated on in my adoption request and is the only "active" admin, but only by a stretch)
I have asked three of these admins for admin status, and those three either told me they were not in a position to do so or didn't respond at all. The longest I've been waiting for a reply is exactly two months as of April 29, 2016. (The one I had not asked was Hexslinger because he hadn't edited in so long and I don't think he is a Bureaucrat.)
The other members of the Wiki approve of my adopting the Wiki and their approval can be seen here while asking for admin rights to an inactive Sysop: here. The two other users shown in this link are the only two other active members in the community, not including myself and DV54321.
Please allow me to attain Bureaucrat status so that I may help this Wiki in many more ways than one. Other contributors and myself have had discussions on how to improve the Wiki if I were to attain this status, please see this thread.
As The GreatPerhaps mentioned, the community fully supports his request. More details about Dv54321's behaviour/edits can be provided. However, this is not an attempt to demote or get rid of Dv54321, but to keep the wiki alive and growing. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
HolyCrap WOTF (talk) 20:48, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Hey Darytyg, thanks for the suggestion. We tried contacting other bureaucrats. The only one active (on another wiki) was Minomelo. I left a message on his wall after several unsuccessful attempts contacting via chat. The pretty much one-sided conversation can be found here. This guy is editing almost every day there or is at least in chat. I tried to be as friendly as possible, and got nothing but ignored. HolyCrap WOTF (talk) 17:33, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Hello. Please leave a message on Dv54321's wall to let him know you have placed an adoption request so you can help out with some of the routine maintenance on the wiki. While he has been not entirely successful, he has made efforts in the last month to edit the wiki and does not deserve to have somebody else promoted without his knowledge. He cannot promote you himself in any case; and if he does not answer I will assume he does not object. Let me know on my wall when he answers (either way) or after a week if he does not and I will be happy to give you the rights, or, if necessary, talk to him as well. -- Wendy (talk) 02:30, May 9, 2016 (UTC)