Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? Abincyp
Please link to the wiki here: Mirror's Edge Wikia
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 569
How many days/months have you been editing there? Circa 2012, with inactivity
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Syalantillesfel on the 25th of April.
Any other information: The following Wikia has been claimed by a troll (Syalantillesfel) which admin abuses. He or she blocks people who contribute to the wikia and this adopter adds missinformation/wrong lore to the Wikia of this game! I have just added proper Weaponry pages and fixed the lore (My contributions) but this adopter is slowly changing the information to resemble the wrong things. It's a shame that a wikia of a pretty relevant game like this can be tarnished by an insane individual. All the edits he does are ridiculous, either putting the wrong lore or making bad formatting. He also doesn't update the main site page not any old pages! The admin (Syalantillesfel) also doesn't communicate!
Even though just now I added a lot of content, and moved content to the correct pages, he blocked my IP for "removing content". Please help! This is out of hand! I can provide as much proof as I can! A live chat with Wikia Staff would be appreciated as well! This adopter has to be removed ASAP.
This user even doesn't belong to any Mirror's Edge community! He is just carrying an adminship on the Mirror's Edge wikia as a badge!
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Adoption really isn't the solution for this - this is not an abandoned wiki. The admin needs to be inactive for 60 days.
- If you have a conflict with a local admin, you can try and talk it out on their wall here on Community Central. You can also ask staff for advice at Special:Contact/general, though direct intervention is rare. --Tupka217 16:10, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Dear Tupka, this person is an admin abuser, you can read his talk page and look at the people blocked! The wiki is actualy in a state of abandon since he doesn't let users to edit pages! I already contacted the staff and I'm waiting, this person needs to be removed, this admin is also not communicating! The community is dead! -Abincyp ▪ Talk ▪ Profile ▪ 16:14, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)It sounds bad. But that doesn't take away that adoption is not a suitable channel for this. This'll just be denied, as it fails on the most important criterion. No matter how bad the admin is, they're still active. --Tupka217 16:18, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
- I also contacted the staff and got a lot of support from the Mirror's Edge community including the Wikia chat. Just now he placed a wrong picture into the wrong article! He placed an image of "the unnamed city" into the "City of Glass" article... This guy has no idea! This is ridiculous, also aren't one of the criterias if the admin is uncommunicative? Also the Wikia staff told me yesterday that in Wikia the administration is chosen by the users, so if the community is unpleased, they can change the leadership. I'm so wound up! -Abincyp ▪ Talk ▪ Profile ▪ 16:22, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
This request should be deleted or closed as it wasn't used properly. I hosted a vote instead as told by the wikia staff.
Vote link: Thread:1031376