What is your username? Maymurs
Please link to the wiki here: Monster Super League Wikia
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 1,029 at this time
How many days/months have you been editing there? My first edit was December 10th of 2016
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Last edit was Megy_Teckhonia on May 8th
My most recent update had been April 17th and I was blocked by the current Bureaucrat at the time.
Any other information: I will try my best to keep this short.
For a long time our previous Bureaucrat, User:SparkNorkx, has been very strict with those who helped keep the Wikia up to date and healthy (both the core pages and its community). I was both an Admin on the Wikia and the Discord server for the Wikia. After getting tired of him pushing everyone away and not doing any work on the Wikia itself, I asked him to step down and leave the Wikia. He refused and then I proceeded to hold a vote to have him removed. He tried to take the vote down twice and then finally edited it (removing all of the proof and guts of the post), locked it, and then demoted himself. Since the goal of the vote was ultimately accomplished, there was nothing more we could do regarding that.
You can find the vote thread here.
I encourage you to take a look at the original content of the thread here. From the comments alone you can see that it was going strong from the start with 100% support for the length of the time that the thread was up and open for people to post on.
Since that concluded we have moved on to having the community post their nomination thread.
I know you guys don't have a whole lot of time to read through everything I included in my original Bureaucrat demotion thread but I do want to explain my ban as best as possible. I have spoken with Eva Niroomand and she let me know that normally blocked users are not granted Bureaucrat unless the community really wants them. The reason for my ban, which is listed in the original vote thread along with logs to back it up, was that after I was given explicit permission to do what I saw fit for the Wikia I unbanned a user who had helped us greatly in the past and had been unfairly banned which kept them from submitting helpful edits. This action resulted in my ban a day or two after and I was kicked from the discord server as well. Up until that day I had been an active Admin, making edits to the wiki several times a week and doing my best to try and keep the Wiki up to date. I was in the Discord interacting with the community daily and I am well known and liked (as seen on the nomination thread that went up this evening). I'd like to return to doing this work. The community is wonderful. I honestly have a passion for supporting them and their enjoyment of a game which itself deserves much praise.
I hope this is everything you need. I apologize for the length. Please let me know if you need anything else from me. I would be happy to provide it. If the nomination thread needs to stay up a bit longer before a decision can be made, that is fine and I understand. We are all looking forward to finally closing the book on this issue and going back to actually updating the wiki.
Maymurs: Please forgive my frustration, but there seems to have been some miscommunication or incorrect information given to us. Please advise: We were told that the adoption process was much less strict than the original Bureaucrat demotion process and although there were set guidelines for the adoption requirements, that it was very ultimately up to who the community itself wanted as that is what mattered the most. This is also why I attempted to include as much information within this request as possible (especially the history view of the vote thread). --Maymurs (talk) 12:39, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
The community's support in the thread might make an exception to the guidelines possible. You'll have to wait for staff to make a judgement on it. 15:01, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Maymurs. While adoption is not as strict in some ways as demotion, certain things are required. One rather important feature is that a blocked user can't adopt; the existing admins all have the ability to unblock you if they agree your block was unwarranted; or you can make an appeal to Special:Contact to intervene. Either way, unblocking you is not a part of the adoption process. You can contact the admins on their walls here on central to ask about being unblocked.
- On a community with active sysops but no bureaucrats, the sysops must be made aware of any potential promotion. The admin team needs to be unified and we won't promote somebody if the existing admins are unwilling to work with them. This means that after you are unblocked, you need to leave all three of them a message, with a link to the promotion discussion, and ask for their approval. If they do not choose to comment one way or the other after a week then I will assume they do not disagree.
- One of those three admins is SparkNorkx (who only removed his bureaucrat rights, and not his sysop rights); you will either need to find a way to put this behind you and work with him, or, if the intent was for him to lose all of his rights, submit the demotion thread to Special:Contact to finish the process.
- Finally you yourself will need to be actively editing again after your block ends.
- You have a lot of community support on the wiki so I hope you can straighten out the rest of the requirements. If you do, please feel free to leave a message on my wall and I will check back again; you do not need to make another new request. Should it not work I encourage the community (including the admins) to choose another user to promote that everyone can support, who can help the wiki move forward. -- Wendy (talk) 05:08, May 13, 2017 (UTC)