Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Neo Scavenger Wiki (2)

What is your username? Kaaven

Please link to the wiki here: http://neoscavenger.wikia.com/wiki/NEO_Scavenger_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 1400+

How many days/months have you been editing there? Over 2 years

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? 21:58, September 24, 2014 by Malacodor

Any other information: Neo Scavenger game has recently been released to mass markets, and many needed updates require admin status. Please expedite this request. Thank you.

Talk page announcement -- http://neoscavenger.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:NEO_Scavenger_Wiki

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Hello - there appears to be several other contributors at this wiki. According to the adoption guidelines, it is required that the adopting user make a blog/forum post/announcement of some sort explaining their intentions to adopt on an active wiki, so other users on the wiki can give their input, and comment. It's best to make a blog or forum about your adoption rather than individual messages so there can be consensus in one place (which makes it easier for Staff). Be sure to link it when you are done, and let it run for 1 week. If there is a consensus amongst the users for you to receive the rights, then you'll be eligible to adopt.
Also, another critical requirement for adopting is active editing (making new pages, fixing up articles, adding content, building the wiki) for 1 solid week. By editing at least every day or two while you wait for this request to be processed, (which ranges from 7-10 days), you should meet that requirement. It doesn't have to be a lot of edits each time, it is just the *frequency* of the edits that Staff needs to see, to show your investment and commitment to the wiki. Happy editing! Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)

Hello. Your contributions look good, but Joseph is correct; there are quite a few active contributors on that wikia, so you will need to create a blog or forum to let them know about the adoption. Please leave the discussion up for a week or so and then message me on my wall to check back again. -- Wendy (talk 05:33, January 22, 2015 (UTC)

Hello Wendy. The information about the planned wikia adoption, as well as the outline of the reason why it happens, has been posted on the NEO Scavenger Wiki's main page's "Talk" section for more than twelve days now, and I can't see reason to re-post that info anywhere else - it is the easiest place for all the visitors to see it.

There is also an issue of many active editors on the site. The problem with that is, that this particular wiki is linked directly from the game it is about (as well as from the game's developer home site) and any player can jump strait from the game and into making changes. Due to that there is quite a lot of... unfocused, from the lace of the better word, traffic happening. With no active admins left, while the flurry of activity might indeed happen for some time, it is, in my opinion, important to have at least one person with the necessary privliges to keep the site in order.

Kaaven (talk) 01:44, January 24, 2015 (UTC)

P.S. Is there a way to place a complaint on those adoption rules?

Thanks for the link. The requirement is for an announcement in a "public" space where others can leave comments so the talk page works as well and there is no need to repost the message. I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. You are welcome to leave a message either on my wall or send one to Special:Contact if you have questions about the adoption criteria. -- Wendy (talk 04:37, January 24, 2015 (UTC)