Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wiki URL: http://petra.wikia.com/wiki/Petra_Wiki
Current edit count: null
How long I have edited there: 0
Last admin to edit and when: Petra herbert, January 9, 2013
Other information: I don't know what's the purpose of that wiki since it has no content, but I want to adopt the wiki to make one about the Christian rock band Petra.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Haya! As stated by Ransom Time (http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:613082), the wiki is eligible. It has only 1 page, no community, the fFounder has been inactive nearly a year. One of the basic criteria to a successful adoption is the adoptee must be *currently* editing the wiki for at least a week. You can do this during the 7 to 10 days or so it will take this Request to work its way to the top of the queue, as adoptions are addressed in the order received. Bear in mind this is the holiday season and Staff has time off, so add maybe a week to the processing time.
- So roll up your sleeves and pitch in and start editing everyday or so while awaiting a determination. The wiki is a clean slate.
- Personal thought: Since the wiki name is also the name of the Founder, the purpose for making it may have been personal to them. Were they to ever return to it, there could be the potential for a hissy fit and conflict. *I* would request their bureaucrat rights be stripped. *Understand*, this is NOT normally done even when a wiki is adopted. Staff generally does not remove Rights from Bureaucrats unless for some form of abuse of their powers. So requesting it in this case will be more "miss" than "hit", but my philosophy is: "the answer will always be 'no' unless you ask". Worse can happen is Staff tells you what I just did.
- I thought about that (starting to edit the Wiki), but since it was created for another purpose, I didn't know if there was a guideline that prohibited me from stepping in and altering whatever it was made for. I didn't want to step on someone else's toes. Thanks for the advice. Thief12 (talk) 14:05, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Just wanted to say that I've been checking this page frequently. Wondering if there would be a problem if I start editing this Wiki towards another purpose, like Love Robin suggested, even if the subject is different, no adoption has occured, and no official reply has been received here. Thanks! Thief12 (talk) 21:31, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Well, you *NEED* to be "currently editing at least a week" for a successful adoption. One edit will not cut it. At this rate this will be placed On Hold while you do so. You're a ways down the queue at this time, but 2 or 3 sessions by staff will get to you, so you best wade in and start editing. Today.