Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Project-Gorgon

What is your username? I would like to take over this wiki and establish a network of administrators/bureaucrats from the currently active members to give new editors that join the ability to work towards getting increased editorial rights which will hopefully make the wiki self sufficient. ING Fayz (talk) 21:36, September 11, 2014 (UTC)

Please link to the wiki here: http://project-gorgon.wikia.com/

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 331.

How many days/months have you been editing there? Since November 15, 2013.

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? April 24, 2013 by Scoboose. However the last time he was consistently active is all the way back in November 6, 2012.

Any other information: I have tried getting in contact with Scoboose regarding admin status and adoption but he hasn't responded. He's also the only user with administrative rights so for the time being there's no possibility of cleaning up defunct pages. The game is currently in the spotlight as the kickstarter launched quite recently and because the game is still in a very early stage of development it fundamentally changes as things get added and reworked constantly. This results in a bunch of outdated and messy pages, some links result in either dead/reworked content or old pages that have gotten an official name by now while the old pages still sits around with an outdated player-made name (like this one). The wiki has a few periodically active members who I feel would be suitable admins if they wished to be one but there's no one recruiting them, no one ever has.

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Heyo! You should reach out to the other active contributor, Blankix, and ask if he is okay with you adopting. Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)

From ING Fayz: I'm not sure how relevant that really is considering he joined 2 days ago. I highly doubt I'll be able to garner any interest or discussion regarding the topic, if you look at the recent blog posts I'm sure you'll understand what I mean. I went ahead and made a community blog post anyway (Link) but I'm not expecting to get any responses. I am the highest contributing editor as far as I know and there's very few long-standing members on the wiki or in the game for that matter. I'm the most qualified to take over the position by far and I honestly don't think anyone would mind. ING Fayz (talk) 08:54, September 12, 2014 (UTC)

On the contrary, this user is totally relevant. Adoption is all about chooosing a new leader and the active community should have the right to choose its new leader. Good Luck. (The Great Lord David (talk) 16:19, September 13, 2014 (UTC))

From ING Fayz: Yes certainly but I'm sure you get what I mean though. New members often come and go extremely quickly, very few stay and on top of that 2 days is not a very long time to familiarize yourself with a community to make an educated decision on who would be a good leader. It's just something I commented on because I find it way more important to contact other long-time members.. maybe you disagree but I'm sure you understand my way of thinking here, which is the reason I made a blog post. Now everyone can respond to it instead of just personally messaging 1 guy that joined 2 days ago. Of course he can join in and talk about it if he wants to!

I guess I just found the wording a bit funny 'the "other" active contributor'. As if it was just me and him around, he had 9 edits on the wiki and joined 2 days ago.. I appreciate every little bit of help I can get in terms of contributions but there are members with 100+, just saying. ;) ING Fayz (talk) 18:39, September 13, 2014 (UTC)

Yes, I understand what you mean and I actually agree but on the other side I also agree with the adoption guideline in question. All the facts you presented are correct but if has become a part of the community, then he should have a word about the commnunity´s future. It seems quite probable this request will be successful as what Joseph pointed out has been made. Good Luck. All that is left is an answer by Staff. (The Great Lord David (talk) 19:05, September 13, 2014 (UTC))

Hello. ING Fayz you are correct that a contributor who has only edited on 1 or 2 days and not returned is not considered part of the "community", but thank you for starting the blog anyhow. I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. Good luck with the wikia! -- Wendy (talk 05:25, September 20, 2014 (UTC)