Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? User:Light Daxter
Please link to the wiki here: http://ratchetandclank.wikia.com/
How many edits have you made on that wiki? Zero. Since it is a URL used as a redirect to www.ratchet.wikia.com, regardless I'd like to start my own R&C wiki and do it properly from the very start without being hindered by inactive administrators or users too rigid to change for the better of a wiki.
How many days/months have you been editing there? See above.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Not applicable.
Any other information:
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)There doesn't seem to be very many active admins on the main wiki it redirects to. You could just wait a while and then just adopt it in the normal way. Wikia will likely recommend you to edit the existing wiki, as there's very little chance you can write about R&C in a different way. --SuperSajuuk Talk Page | Tabber Code | Channel 15:35, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm just covering my bases at the moment, so using whatever option I deem worthy of consideration. Regarding adopting the current wiki, a friend of mine is hard at work, but we both feel as though a community vote is unlikely as we want to change too much stuff. For example, the wiki has a severe case of article bloat. If you have Weapon X and Weapon X upgrades into X1, X2, X3, X4 and so on, does every version needs its own page if the only difference is a statistical improvement? No it really doesn't. If someone says Ratchet plays golf in some random talk show conversation, does Golf need a page? I could go on and on. Me and my colleague are incredibly confident we could easily one-up the current wiki and then some in terms of article, image, template and category quality. It's just easier with a clean slate. --Light Daxter - Talk 17:22, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello. I'm sorry but Joseph was correct that this is not an adoption request, but rather a request that has to be made through Special:Contact. However, in general we will not free an existing redirect from a well-established wikia to be used by a brand new one.
- That said, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't start your own wikia if you wish to do things differently, although given the size (and age) of the existing one, you might have an uphill battle to get yours noticed no matter what URL you use. You could also consider starting the changes through community consensus rather than adoption; if you propose them one at a time people are more likely to see the benefit, particularly if there is a good reason beyond simply limiting the number of wikia pages. You could argue, for example, that it would be helpful to a reader to have the weapon x info all in one place so they know if it's worth upgrading and how far at a glance. Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do! -- Wendy (talk) 05:08, February 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Merrystar, we've tried proposing changes through community consensus, one change at a time, but there are two problems with that: A lot of the older users resort to status quo stonewalling, and secondly, there are so many changes that doing it one at a time and having a vote for every single one would become an eternal disaster of shifting things around. Thanks for your response anyway, I understand why you wouldn't want to change the redirect. User:Jak Himself/sig 19:48, February 21, 2015 (UTC)