What is your username? Sirnot1
Please link to the wiki here: http://runescapeclassic.wikia.com/
How many edits have you made on that wiki? Since I first joined to wiki in November of 2009, I've made nearly 1,800 edits to the wiki's content. When the community was at its height nearly three years ago, I was working prolifically at making new pages and maintaining the front page.
How many days/months have you been editing there? I've been a member of this wiki for five years.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? "Nex Undique" was the last administrator to edit the site on September 6th, 2013. No substantial edits to any pages have been made since then. Although there have been a few users who have made minor edits to some pages since then, the wiki has become largely inactive and the community portal/front page hasn't been updated since my time.
Any other information:
In addition to the numerous contributions I made to the wiki during my time there, I also designed its logo and background. In addition, I regularly discussed with the community ways that we could increase our online prominence and user count, as well as creating the "Maple Grove", a forum where we could discuss such things.
I hope that you take consideration of my earnest request to adopt this wiki; it saddens me that past members have left the wiki to die, but I feel certain that I can reverse this if I were to be given ownership privileges.
Thank you :-)
In my original post, I explained the situation of my ban. I was unfairly blocked for no reason, and there's no way I can appeal my block on the wiki because none of the admins have been active for nearly a year. I realize that I'm blocked on the wiki, but the only solution is to communicate with the Wikia staff in order to remove my ban. That's why I posted here. — Sirnot1 (talk) - 22:40, August 16, 2014 (UTC)Cook Me Plox has since removed my ban, and I reconciled with the admin who banned me by mistake. Friendly relations restored :-). — Sirnot1 (talk) 03:38, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)It's also worth noting you're infinitely blocked on similar projects too, such as the main RuneScape Wiki. Staff are less likely to give you rights if you are blocked on other wikis. –Ozuzanna (wall) 22:44, August 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)The RuneScape Wiki didn't give me the option to appeal my ban, even years after the fact. I'm not sure what I was banned for anyways, as it was nearly six years ago. The admins of RuneScape Wiki have been extremely inconsiderate of my attemps to communicate with them and instead follow a no-tolerance policy, which has prevented me from establishing cross-wiki collaboration with them and the RuneScape Classic Wiki for years. And in any case, my behavior on the RSC wiki should dispel any questions or concerns the Wikia staff has on my actions there; I had been an active contributor for a long time before my recent ban and was considered a benefitial member of the community (when it still existed). — Sirnot1 (talk) - 23:02, August 16, 2014 (UTC)
23:47, August 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)After someone pointed this out on IRC, I had a look through your edits, deleted edits, block log and abuse filter log for why you were blocked on w:c:rs too. All I could realistically find was this, although there is mention of checkuser being used at some point and what appears to be sockpuppeting in later years. I don't think it's out of the question to unblock you there too. Cqm 00:03, 17 Aug 2014 (UTC)
- That would be great! I would love to come back to the RS Wikia community, though it's been nearly impossible to without starting anew with a new account. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to appeal to my banning though, as I'm currently restricted from editing any page on the wiki. Not even my talk page, I think. — Sirnot1 (talk) - 00:34, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. Blocks that are several years old don't count in the adoption process anyhow, but generally we encourage blocked users to message the blocking admins on their walls here on central if they wish to discuss the block.