What is your username? 1caiser
Please link to the wiki here: SAO Fanon Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 209
How many days/months have you been editing there? 10 days
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?
- Don'tHateOnFate @ 02:14, August 22, 2014 (UTC)
- FedeTkd @ 19:56, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- TheGRAINGERzone @ 19:50, June 30, 2014 (UTC
Any other information:
The only user with bureaucrat rights, TheGRAINGERzone has been away from the wiki for nearly three weeks. Chat-Mod Ishimura Elite and Admin FedeTkd have expressed his agreement for my admin-ship in my original message to the founder.
I fulfill the minimum requirements to be at least a Chat-Mod, as per SAO Fanon's Chat-Mod openings.
Although not related to the SAO Fanon wiki, I am also an editor on the Sword Art Online wiki, showing my prowess in the wiki field.
- You say two of the admins disagree, but I read that two agree to promote me (Ishimura and Fede), while one chooses to stay neutral (Don'tHate). Since the absence of the founder (TheGRAINGERzone) the wiki has not been updated in the form of wiki stability, such as templates and wiki tutorial pages. There has also been known problems involving templates (which normal registered users cannot edit) which the admins do not have the coding proficiency to fix. I intend to update this wiki. If I may also add, the founder has not left any bureaucrat privileges to these admins, and has since departed. They cannot promote me even if they so wished. Kai Socrius (1caiser) (talk) 17:43, August 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)As for the first point, sorry, it was a grammar mistake. As for the founder, I understand that his absence is causing multiple problems on the wiki but adoption is mainly for wikis who are in need of new leardship, which is not the case here. I know your intentions are good but I believe this adoption is not the right way to follow here. The main problem here is that the admins are not bureaucrats, meaning they cannot promote others. You can still adopt however it would make more sense if the admins of your wiki could make a direct request at the wall of a Staff member, to which I suggest Merrystar, and ask for bureaucrat rights such as this thread however an adoption still needs to be made. But before doing that you should can try to further contact The GRAINGERzone and ask for the rights in question. If you go by this strategy, you must agree on which of the admins is going to receive those rights and make the requests and if he receives them, he can then promote you and others if they find you deserved it. Also, maybe the admins of your wiki should pay a visit to this site. If you find it more profitable to adopt the wiki yourself you can do what Joseph is suggesting. Good Luck. (The Great Lord David (talk) 18:04, August 22, 2014 (UTC))
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)To clarify a little more on what David said, adoption is only used when there are no active (edited within the past 60 days) bureaucrats available on the wiki. Since there is an active bureaucrat, The GRAINGERzone, the wiki cannot be adopted. Leave a message for The GRAINGERzone. If they do not respond in 60 days from the last time they edited, then you can make an official adoption request if the community support you. Joey (talk)
- Thanks for all of the answers. I was directed here by email, under the advice of semanticdrifter. But just to further elucidate the problem, I have contacted tGz (shorthand for TheGRAINGERzone) through his Facebook and Twitter, but to no avail for the past week. However, I will visit the thread you provided, and direct the active admins on the SAO Fanon Wiki there and make the request. Otherwise, I'll check back when it has been 60 days since tGz's previous edit. Thank you for your time. Kai Socrius (1caiser) (talk) 23:59, August 22, 2014 (UTC)