Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? Anythingspossibleforapossible
Please link to the wiki here: http://scooby-doo.wikia.com/wiki/Scooby-Doo_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 0
How many days/months have you been editing there? 0
On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? The admin is Adasdasf, and his last edit was on February 14, 2010.
Any other information: So, I want to get this wiki shut down. I sent an email to Special:Contact, and was told to come here.
It was only created by Adasdasf who didn't like the way things were on Scoobypedia, and that's fine and everything, but it's been some years since he last edited, and recently a disgruntled user from Scoobypedia (who ended up being an unfriendly player (who has issues to say the least. He also had one or two sock accounts he didn't care to listen to me with either) has been editing there and entirely copying from Scoobypedia, which, of course, is plagiarism. I just want to shut the wiki down and make the URL more useful as a redirect to Scoobypedia, instead of bringing confusion to people who might happen to think that they should be going Scooby-Doo Wiki, that is really just a dead wiki being used by a random, snubbed user who found it by chance, and is doing nothing to set it apart. -- Anythingspossibleforapossible (talk) 15:26, September 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't not know why I couldn't have been given this answer when I first requested this to JoePlay on Scoobypedia? Instead, it feels like I've been given the runaround, being sent from one place to the next. Thanks anyway, Muzzarino. -- Anythingspossibleforapossible (talk) 12:56, September 6, 2015 (UTC)
Yes, only if you're adopting a wikia and there are problemetic admins there that should unadopt the wikia for Tou violations or vandalism.--Muzzarino 23:51, September 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I am so sorry, but adoption is not the correct answer for you either; I've checked and we would not approve a standard close request for that wikia even from an admin. Furthermore you cannot adopt a wikia where you have never edited for any reason. Adoption is for people with a demonstrated interest in improving a wikia.
- We are happy to host multipe wikias on the same subject, and one of the main reasons is that it provides a good option for people who are blocked or cannot get along with the community on an existing wikia.
- There are, however, a couple of options open to you. First, you can try to merge the wikia back into the other Scooby Doo Wiki. You do not necessarily need to be an admin to do this, but you do need to follow the steps on that page, including importing back any unique content to the "final" wikia, and holding a community discussion. I have a feeling your disgruntled user may not agree to this, but you can try. If you can convince them, then you would end up with the redirect back to the other wikia that you wanted.
- If merging doesn't work, and the content being added is a direct copy without attribution as you suggest, then you can report that as a copyright violation through Special:Contact. You imply that the bulk of the recently added content is copied, and that is not ok even with attribution -- we are happy to host multiple wikias on the same subject but they cannot be duplicate copies of each other. If you decide to report the plagiarism feel free to flag the request with my name; I promise I won't send you back here to the adoptions page. Also the more links you can give (to pages on the two wikias) the better.
- If reported, the disgruntled user will either have to attribute the copied content or change/remove it (depending on how much has been added); if they will not then they will be blocked. So either this results in a non-duplicate second Scooby Doo Wiki, or in an inactive one that you can then work on "merging" back to yours.