Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Sherlock Holmes Wiki

What is your username? bluebellanon

Please link to the wiki here: http://sherlockholmes.wikia.com

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 577

How many days/months have you been editing there? I joined and began editing on the 14th January 2013

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? http://sherlockholmes.wikia.com/wiki/User:NancyDrew4ever last edited on the 26th Nov, 2012

Any other information:

I'd like to become admin of the Sherlock Holmes wiki because it's badly in need of some revitalisation and I'd love to see it used more and be more comprehensive and inclusive than it is now. Currently, most adaptations other than the Guy Richie Sherlock Holmes films are badly underrepresented. There are also many many locked pages, some of which contain errors, which I'd like to be able to correct and to open up the pages for other users to edit. I'd also like to be able to edit the front page, which is also locked, and update it with new information.

My other plan is to try and merge the Sherlock and Sherlock Holmes wikis - I think this would help both communities become stronger and would hopefully help improve content too. Both wikis are really quiet at the moment - both have hardly any edits apart from me - so I think merging could help improve both. Even if it turns out the communities don't want to merge I would still like to become admin of the Sherlock Holmes wiki for the reasons given above.

Whilst I haven't been editing at the Sherlock Holmes wiki for a great deal of time, I have been editing at the Sherlock wiki since 27th Nov, 2012 so I think that perhaps better shows that I'll stay around.

I realise that it isn't yet 60 days since I became an admin for Sherlock wiki. However, because of the massive overlap in subject matter between the two wikis, and because I'd like to merge the communities, I thought it was worth applying now. I'm more than willing to wait the extra time, with this request open, if I can't apply now.

Thank you! :] bloob (talk) 00:10, January 25, 2013 (UTC)

I've made a blog post about adopting the wiki: Request to adopt the wiki. bloob (talk) 09:41, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
Unfortunately, this wiki is ineligible for adoption as there has been 2 admins editing recently. Please request admin rights from NancyDrew4ever. Good luck! Rappy 20:45, January 30, 2013 (UTC)