What is your username? SmallerOnTheOutside
Please link to the wiki here: Smallerontheoutside Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? None; see below
How many days/months have you been editing there? None; see below
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? No admin, or indeed anyone has edited there. User:DarthSebious created it on 16 January 2013, but never touched it. This user last logged in at 09:07 on 16 January 2013.
Any other information: My intention is to use that url as my personal test wiki, to test out design ideas to pitch to wikis at which I'm not an admin, or simply to try out different ideas or theories in any area of coding before these things go live in "official" wikis. Normally of course I should have been actively editing the wiki before requesting adoption, but considering that it's not a community wiki but a test wiki, and that I would primarily be editing MediaWiki pages — which of course I can't do without sysop rights — I feel this case is a different one.
I would have simply created it normally, but considering my chosen url — my username — has been taken but not used, I need to request to take over. I would also like the SITENAME to be changed to "SmallerOnTheOutside Test Wiki", if it's not too much trouble to get these two things done at once.
- Hey notice that this is a request to adopt a testing wiki. Since there is no regular content for him to edit on, considering the point of a testing wiki is to test out new ideas for things like CSS, templates, etc., I believe it is safe to say that the adoption request can proceed as is. If not a staff member will correct me. :)
04:11, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)
- Like I said, if I am wrong about this a staff member will correct me. Staffers have made exceptions regarding adoptions several times before, the entire reason behind having to go through an adoption request is so that Wikia staff know that they are doing what they believe to be best for the wiki in question. Yes, there are guidelines to adopting a wiki however that's just what it is, guidelines, as such staff members can accept or reject any adoption request for any reason at their discretion.
- Until a staffer comes through I think it would be best if we left the conversation here.
- -- ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕪 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕤 19:35, June 11, 2014 (UTC)