What is your username? Yoponot
Please link to the wiki here: http://twitchplayspokemon.wikia.com
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 54
How many days/months have you been editing there? 1 week
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Cousin Tyrone on Feb 18, 2014
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Nope I'm Yoponot and I approve this message (talk) 01:04, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)So, you pretty much qualify to adopt the wiki. Make sure, when you add responses to adoption pages, to use the AdoptionResponse template. - IvyLover (talk | block | user rights | contributions) 01:13, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hello, Yoponot. Responding to Ivy Lover, he has already created this page. However you only started "editing" yesterday and to be eligible you need to have edited the wiki for one week (preferably everday). Continue to add content while you wait for an answer by Merrystar which takes 7 to 10 days and that should be covered. However this forces me to make this question. Are you planning to merge this wiki once you have adopted? Because you do not need to adopt a wiki in order to merge it with another one. Please see Help:Merging wikias for more information on how to merge wikis, or ask a staff member for guidance. (The Great Lord David (talk) 09:39, September 27, 2014 (UTC))
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Yes I am planning to merge it. I contacted wiki staff about merging and redirecting it and they said to make an adoption request. I posted a link to that thread, my wiki, and that wiki, saying what one we wanted merged into the other one but they said they couldnt do that and to make an adoption request instead. I'm Yoponot and I approve this message (talk) 13:17, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Alright, thanks. This is normally the kind of things presented in Any other Information section but since it was not I really had to ask. Well good luck with the adoption and the merging. (The Great Lord David (talk) 13:54, September 27, 2014 (UTC))
- Hi. I'm sorry -- whoever you spoke with must have thought you wished to keep this wikia open and close the other. Given that you are renaming and blanking pages I assume this is not the case, and that you plan to move the content to your wikia and close this one. In that case, the help page and David are correct that you do not need to adopt the wikia. You can select and export the pages without any rights.
What you will need to do is make an announcement on the wikia that you plan to merge it; you can add it to the main page, and leave messages on the walls of anybody who may have edited in the last few months (not just the founder). You can move all the content with import/export to preserve the edit histories; I'm guessing you are familiar with the process as you are putting pages into a "move" category. There is no need to blank/rename the remaining content however; please stop doing that. If you need some way to track that you have looked at those pages and chosen not to move them, put them into a "don't move" category.
When you have left messages for everybody and finish moving the content, please send a message to Special:Contact to have the URLs merged. You are welcome to flag your message with my name to make sure I handle the request as I am already familiar with it. Also please let me know on my wall if you have any questions. -- Wendy (talk) 02:26, October 4, 2014 (UTC)