Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is your username? StickVentures720
Please link to the wiki here: gumball.wikia.com
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 0
How many days/months have you been editing there? 0
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? GumballGuy2361 last edited April 23, 2014
Any other information: The only reason I wanna adopt that wiki is because it ripped off our original The Amazing World of Gumball Wiki, and I wanna delete that wiki so the original wiki can change our URL so we can make it shorter. So basically, the wiki I want to adopt will be deleted, then I will request a URL change for the theamazingworldofgumball.wikia.com, which will be gumball.wikia.com. the original URL will still redirect to the wiki. I got permission from the admins and users from there and they're all ok with this change.
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Check out Help:Merge. --Tupka217 22:31, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)We can't simply merge the wiki as the only bureaucrat there is inactive. The former bureaucrat there agreed that we could redirect the wikis URL to ours (see here), but he has since left Wikia and thus left us on a spot.
- If StickVentures can adopt the wiki, we can merge the URL and have it redirect to ours. There is no need for us to merge the content of that wiki as it has copied almost all our previous content. It's nearly a direct copy if I may be honest. Having two wikis with nearly the same information is unnecessary, we want to build one big database for all information related to the show, and we feel this is the way to do that. ―chuua 22:52, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but Tupka was correct. Not only do you not need to adopt a wikia in order to merge it with another, but the editing necessary to adopt a wikia is counter-productive if you intend to do a merge. That aside, you cannot adopt a wikia with the stated purpose of deleting it.
- You only need to have admin privileges on the wikia which will remain open after the merge. Read the Help:Merging wikias page and follow the instructions there, but the short version is that you need to post a notice on this wikia and copy over any unique content back to the wikia you wish to keep open. Then you can send a request to Special:Contact and ask that this one be closed and the URL re-assigned to the other one. let me know on my wall if you have any further questions! -- Wendy (talk) 02:50, July 30, 2014 (UTC)