What is your username? Amargaard
Please link to the wiki here: http://thehiveworkshop.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hive_Workshop_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 567+
How many days/months have you been editing there? Since July 30, 2013
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Mashuga31, August the ninth, 2013
Any other information:
When I found the wiki, I emmediately got to Mashuga's page. Appears he had created the wiki half a year ago, but gave up the project as he was the only editor in there and it had started to bore him, after about thirty pages. I told him of my huge intentions of the wiki, and started out making the changes I had in mind, meanwhile he passively stood by as things changed to the better. The amount of pages soon doubled, the wiki started out having a structure, and I suggested some changes to the header and other things that only he could do, because he didn't want to share his admin powers. At that point I was fine with it, but I told about the wiki project on the site, which the wiki is actually about, and several users agreed to help out. And suddenly we had a nice little community on the wiki.
However, appears some vandals came along with them, and despite the work from me and some of the responsible users I had taken with me, the vandals were more and desperate to ruin our work, for unknown reasons. We tried for days, weeks, as things got more and more out of hand, but we could do nothing. Many of us left messages on Mashuga's wall, telling him to come back and be active for once, 'cause he was the only one who could do anything, but he ignored us. We then told him to share his powers, but once again he ignored us. Nothing happened, so finally I told him I was going to adopt the wiki if he still didn't show any proof that he's still alive, but once again, I'm ignored. So here I am, wishing to put an end to the constant vandalism.
Hope you'll hear my call
- Hi there. I'm afraid this wikia isn't currently eligible for adoption. Mashuga was last active on August 9th, so assuming he doesn't edit again in the meantime, this wikia won't be eligible for adoption until October 8th. Feel free to put in a new request then if Mashuga remains inactive. If you need help cleaning up after vandalism, you can report vandalism to our Volunteer Spam Task Force here. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:32, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
Hello again! My last request wasn't answered due to the inactive admin having visited the wiki too recently - now I have waited to the date you told me to, well actually it's two days from now - and the founder, Mashuga31 still haven't returned. The Hive Workshop Wiki have faced several vandalism attempts, and if not for the VSTF wiki we wouldn't have survived, but it sucks to be addicted to another wiki - especially since we still need someone to lead us up the best possible path, and I believe I am the best candidate to fill in that role. I edited the statistics above from my last request two months ago, showing even more great and important reasons than last time :)
Hopefully you'll hear my call this time
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Hey, this request is filed under "Completed requests" and as such is very unlikely to be answered by Staff. Adoption categories are set up in a very precise way, and simply removing the "Completed requests" category (as you did) isn't enough to guarantee a second response.
- You should send Brandon a message via his Message Wall, or file a whole new adoption request at Adoption:Requests, under the name "Adoption:The Hive Workshop Wiki (2)" or something. Thisismyrofl (talk) 18:47, October 14, 2013 (UTC)
No need to adopt - Amargaard has adminship now, I've been inactive as I haven't had a computer recently and have been trying to find a suitable job and apartment. I hope this clears up any issues. Mashuga31 (talk) 15:10, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm honored to have a promotion the right way, instead of through an adoption! You have me deep thanks mister Mashuga, and with both of us taking care of the wiki now, I think the project can roll on better than ever before! :D
- -Amargaard (talk) 06:43, October 29, 2013 (UTC)