What is your username? UnknownToaster
Please link to the wiki here: http://thesaboteur.wikia.com/wiki/The_Saboteur_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 108 (151 as of Jan 18th, 2015.)
How many days/months have you been editing there? I have initially registered on September 2, 2014. I have only started editing articles and adding pages in late December.
Cjbeattie has not made an edit since January 3rd, 2012, and Gilnaa's last edit was on May 20th, 2011.
Any other information:
Although a relative new comer, I feel I make for a good candidate as I not only have knowledge as a continual fan and player of this game, I have access to a wealth of information from the games files and through communication with developers from the game. This allows me to add useful information to pages that many others can not. All of this information I would love to share and plan to continue updating the wiki with what I have.
But most importantly, I am interested in keeping close tabs on this Wiki and can maintain a long term watch and interest in this Wiki as I am also working on long term projects involving the game, meaning I am working closely with the game and will not be leaving it or the forum any time soon.
I have attempted to contact both admins, Cjbeattie and Gilnaa, early on to ask if they would be interested in returning to keep the wiki monitored and updated, but I have not gotten a response from either. Cjbeattie has deleted his profile page, which makes me believe he might not have intentions of returning.
There is no current community, the most recent edits have been from non-users and the most recent user edit has not made any edits lately. Despite this, I have contacted a small handful of members (including the admins as I mentioned) to see if they would return and help me update the wiki, but as of currently I am the only one actively editing the wiki.
While I am excited to hear the results of this application and make modifications if I am not a right fit for this position, I do have a concern in which I have contacted the Wikia staff about. I have been told that I would best mention my concerns here in the application, so I will include it here.
While Cjbeattie, a previous admin, has deleted his profile page and has not made an edit since 2012, I am worried about a potential return after I have contacted him. After leaving a message on his talk page, I continued to look to see if I could contact him somewhere he might actively be, and found that his relations in other wiki's have been concerning and I worry that if he is to return he might be troublesome to my efforts to add to this community.
I will cite my full reasoning and what I have seen to lead me to this belief. Starting with this page, on his talk page on another wiki, starting with title heading "Hey." This page shows Cjbeattie nearly being banned for insulting other users and deleting content from Wiki's that he disagreed with even after being told not to. I find this incredibly concerning as a potential future administrator of a wiki, as if he returns will he remove or edit the users' contributions as well as my own? And if one of us is to disagree, is there no way resolve the issue? While I found this potentially very concerning, I found another piece of evidence that also supported this.
This concerns me even more as I feel it is very relevant to this Wiki adoption. This page shows Cjbeattie returning to a Wiki after a long disappearance and reversing decisions by other admins. As can be seen, another admin on that Wiki had appointed another administrator while Cjbeattie was gone, and upon Cjbeattie's eventual return he removed their adminship on the grounds that it was decided without his consent, despite his disappearance. Afterwards, he suggests that they no longer need need to be an admin as there are already two admins (including himself now that he had returned) and their adminship only being returned a year later since Cjbeattie had disappeared again.
What this signifies to me is that Cjbeattie not only disappears for long periods of time, but it does not seem like he plays well with the other admins on the forum (this would be an issue if I am to adopt this wiki) and that he seems not to obey authority and has, what I would consider, vandalized pages on other wiki's in the past.
When I discussed this with the other Wikia staff member, they suggested that I mention it here and could potentially lead to the removal of Cjbeattie's admin rights if you were to agree. While I do not disagree with this notion, I am also open to other results if there were other ideas proposed. As of currently, I have attempted to contact Cjbeattie purely on grounds of asking if he would be interested in returning to contribute, but I have not contacted him about my adoption of the wiki, nor this issue, as he has not responded to my initial contact to him.
While I am very interested in adopting this Wiki and genuinely believe I have a lot to offer it, if nothing else, a long term relationship as well, I'm concerned that there will be potential future issues. If I am to hold onto this responsibility, I feel this might need to be addressed first.
Thank you for reading this. I genuinely apologize for writing so much, as I am sure you are all busy here. I appreciate your time and hope to continue future dealings.
Thank you all,
- Edit- I just wanted to clarify in regards to your response, Joseph. This fact had made comfortable originally, but my worry stems from the second part of the evidence, as I feel it suggests disappearing for a long period of time and returning to take part in the wiki again is not uncommon for him, as it shows he has done so at least once before. While I agree completely that there's a very solid chance he might not show up, but I feel it shows that it's not outside of the realm of possibility.
- I'm not pushing for one exact outcome here, but I just wanted to mention that I do believe that the second part of the evidence may remain as a plausible scenario to reoccur, combined with the situation from the first second of evidence. (Or at least to say, I do still feel some concern in this situation.)
- Regardless, I'm very much open to suggestions and ideas from any other official/unofficial responses. Thanks for your time. —This unsigned comment is by UnknownToaster (wall • contribs) 05:48, January 8, 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I wanted to update again and say that as of today, a user has started making multiple small contributions, so I will attempt to contact this person and create a blog page to see if he, or others might notice.
- Here is the Blog post I created and here is the user who has recently started making contributions.
- Another update to clarify what has happened since January 8th: As of currently, I have gotten no responses back from either admins, nor the user who had started making contributions. No comments on the blog, or even from the users I had messaged in hopes for them to return to help edit the Wiki.
- The member I messaged directly as to whether he was okay with my adoption of the Wiki has not responded to me there or on the blog, and has also not made a contribution since January 11th. So this leaves me as the only current editing user, with no one else editing the wiki or anyone currently opposing the adoption.
- Hello. I've given you admin and bureaucrat rights. As there is no community there to discuss the matter, and you have clearly thought about the issue, I have also removed the rights from the inactive admins. Good luck with the wikia! -- Wendy (talk) 04:56, January 20, 2015 (UTC)