Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests The X-Factor Wiki

What is your username? Sfinn85

Please link to the wiki here: http://xfactor.wikia.com/wiki/The_X-Factor_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 800+ edits to date

How many days/months have you been editing there? I started editing it on August 25th and have made several edits over the past few months as well as adding a few pages.

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? The only active admin is 'Kristiegirl' but even though it says they last logged in June 11th they last edited it 10 days ago.

Any other information: I've been steadily editing it almost every day since joining and after making my first edit I received a message from Fandom user Rappy 4187 thanking me for the edit rather than receiving one from 'Kristiegirl'.

I also sent a message to 'Kristiegirl' on September 6th asking if they would like assistance in maintaining the wikia but have not received any reply to date. Since it states that they only edited 2 weeks ago but logged in back in June I'm not sure if I can apply for adoption of the wiki.

--Sfinn85 (talk) 19:54, October 15, 2016 (UTC)

Hello. The date of last edit is what matters, not the last login (which is not very reliable as you can tell from this case). So the wiki is not eligible just yet to adopt. However I see that there are quite a few active editors on the wiki, so I could promote you to sysop when Kristiegirl has been inactive for 30 days. In order to do that you will need to create a blog or forum about adopting the wiki for the rest of the community. Please leave a link to the post on Kristiegirl's wall so she is aware you are asking for promotion from staff. If she does not object (or promote you, or edit further) and the rest of the contributors support your promotion, let me know on my wall around November 1st and I can give you sysop rights. You will need to wait until December, assuming Kristiegirl remains inactive, to gain bureaucrat rights as well. Let me know if you have any questions! -- Wendy (talk 01:50, October 21, 2016 (UTC)