Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Transhumanism Wiki (2)

What is your username? Deku-shrub (talk)

Please link to the wiki here: http://transhumanism.wikia.com

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 1

How many days/months have you been editing there? Today, only.

On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? The only admin on the Wiki is RayneVanDunem, and the last time he edited was in January 2009.

Any other information:

I am the co-founder and principle contributor to H+Pedia, a formally sponsored transhumanist activist organisation building the definately transhumanist and futurist wiki.

I'm building a number of relationships with other wikis documented here and I would like to take over this one.

The goal would be to tidy up and rationalise most of its content first, as much of it has been copy-pasted from Wikipedia. Then, with consultation of relevant contributors, I would seek to move content out of H+Pedia, one by one.

When finally complete, I would shut down the wiki.

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):
If I have understood well, you want to improve the content of that wikia. You don't need admin rights to do it, because every user can edit and/or create pages. To shutdown the wiki, instead, you have to ask Wikia Staff via Special:Contact/close-wiki, but Staff rarely close wikias. -- Lord Ghiraim
Why are you even bothering on tidying it up if you're just going to shut it down anyway?--Annabeth and Percy~The beauty you are when you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend. 20:29, January 3, 2016 (UTC)
To capture the small amount of origonal contributions and use it as an opportunity to connect with contributors and invite them to H+Pedia Deku-shrub (talk) 23:39, January 3, 2016 (UTC)
Deku-shrub: you haven't edited the wiki for a week—please associate yourself with the adoption guidelines before making such a request. In case you didn't know, the guidelines are over this direction. Sniping is AwesomeSpeak to the Sniper 23:50, January 3, 2016 (UTC)
Hello. You seem to be working under a few misconceptions. You cannot use a Wikia to advertise for or recruit users to an offsite wiki. Furthermore it is vandalism to blank pages. If they were copied from wikipedia the appropriate solution is to add an attribution template (if necessary) and/or rewrite them. Finally, Wikia does not generally close wikias once they have been created.
Adoption is for people who wish to build the wikia, not close it. I will close this request. -- Wendy (talk 05:16, January 15, 2016 (UTC)