What is your username? Anime Addict
Please link to the wiki here: tropes.wikia.com
How many edits have you made on that wiki? Over 10000
How many days/months have you been editing there? Over 2 years.
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? -
Any other information: The wikia was closed after a "discussion" held by the then acting admin. Said admin asked it to be merged into allthetropes.wikia.com. From my knowledge, this has happened less than 30 days ago, so I hope the tropes wikia will be recoverable.
The story is rather complicated and found on the tropes.wikia's discussion page, to which unfortunately because internet problems I was not able to access in the time to give my opinion. I was an active admin and contributor on the wiki until around a year ago, when I had encountered internet problems. Since then, I had returned sporadically and observed the other admin's behaviour, which in my opinion mostly consisted in deleting articles he didn't like on unfounded and imagined fears, where other wikia would happily accept articles with such content. Since then he had joined another website, AllTheTropes, and had started to systematically change the tropes.wikia's guidelines to fit that external site's without, to my knowledge, asking tropes.wikia's userbase. Apparently since then, that site didn't pan out on an external site and was moved to wikia at allthetropes.wikia.com. Between these two events, I had confronted him on his layout, rules and other changes, and his only logical answer he could give me was "because I'm admin now, I've been while you were gone and that's how I like it". I challenged him on the deletion of the pages that were agreed to be hosted on the tropes.wikia from the domains tropertales.wikia and fetishfuel.wikia and he blatantly lied that the sysadmins deleted said wikias for content violation. I told him it was a lie and that they merged them into the tropes.wikia on my request. He did not answer my claim, instead simply telling me that things will stay as he wishes and if I don't like it, I could leave. Unfortunately, not having a viable internet connection, I could not fight these changes.
Of the changes made that I could note, included are reverting from a semi-original purple skin to a default sky blue wikia skin (that half the wikias in existence have), said deletions of articles, removal and deletion of categories (for the same's admin's idea that "I don't like them", deletion of redirects (with tons of unresolved red links behind) and removal of the badge system.
Now I see tropes.wikia redirecting to allthetropes.wikia. Though both sites have the same goal, I feel tropes.wikia, being older and more free to free speech and different ways to approach articles, as well as original articles that would not be allowed on allthetropes.wikia because the admins "don't like it and if you don't agree, you can leave", it should be left to carve out its own future. I hope being given a second chance, I'll be able to do things better, or at least hold them off at the no-censure and all-content-partaining-to-subject as I have kept it before.
I also made some light browsing on allthetropes.wikia and I notice that on supposedly imported articles from tropes.wikia, the ownership of the articles is not given, the history of the articles as both partaining from tropes.wikia and tvtropes.org is not mentioned, which I believe is against Wikia's copyright policy. I also notice the images that were on tropes.wikia were not imported and ignored, as well as many of the original contributions of articles supposedly imported from tropes.wikia are completely missing from allthetropes.wikia, which leads me to believe they have no respect for the tropes.wikia's contributions and contributors and only imported said articles to get rid of the tropes.wikia faster. --Anime Addict (talk) 19:33, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Unfortunately, adoptions don't cover situations like this. I believe to get a wiki unmerged from another, you need to have the agreement of the admins on the wiki it merged to, and then contact staff about it. Kamikaze839 19:39, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Note, though, that they didn't even bother to import the images or the entire histories of the articles with the other editors' contributions. I doubt they have any interest in respecting tropes.wikia's contributors' contributions or input, so they're really just thrown out of a wikia because of a few people (if even that much). --Anime Addict (talk) 19:49, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)As Kamikaze suggested, it´s better to contact the admins about the merger and then Staff to see if anything can actually be done. Even if adoptions solved situations such as these, multiple admins edited in the last 60 days which would make this wiki ineligible to adopt. Good Luck with this though. (The Great Lord David (talk) 19:46, August 24, 2014 (UTC))
- Mind you though that technically I'm still an admin/bureaucrat on that site. Also mind you that technically, the admins that asked for and agreed with the merger basically abandoned it. Now, I admit they're all technicalities, but not importing many of the pages of that wikia, not importing any of the images displays a lack of caring for a wikia with thousands of images, tens of thousands of articles and dozens of editors. Of which I see none in the history pages of allthetropes.wikia by the way. And they'll probably just say that "they just want to be a mirror of https://allthetropes.orain.org", which would make all the uncensoring, image import etc at their discretion. Which will never happen as long as they're admins. And I frankly do not want to be an admin on a site that's a clone of an external site that doesn't give credit to the editors of tropes.wikia. So I say let them have keep it, but that tropes.wikia isn't theirs to delete. --Anime Addict (talk) 20:01, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Ok, this in indeed a complicated situation. It´s better to wait for an answer by Staff but if you´re already an admin and bureaucrat on that site, adoption can´t do anything else. Good Luck (The Great Lord David (talk) 22:20, August 24, 2014 (UTC))
I seem to be missing something here, aren't staff the ones that give bureaucrats to editors who want another wiki? Thus, aren't staff members going to see this and make a decision? I put it under adoption because I didn't find any "unclosure" section on this wiki, and I believed a staff member would see this and make a decision, even if it may be in the wrong section. --Anime Addict (talk) 20:08, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Staff will get back to your adoption request in roughly around a week's time. You have made this request under an hour ago, so expect to wait a week for an official response. –Ozuzanna (wall) 20:10, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. I'm sorry, but the contributors here were correct; re-opening a wikia is not something that can be done through this page, which is only for requesting admin rights on wikias with inactive admins/bureaucrats. Your request needs to go through Special:Contact so it can be properly assessed (if nothing else, you can submit it under "general" requests). -- Wendy (talk) 02:27, September 5, 2014 (UTC)